Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Does anyone happen to have the part number for the "full" plug? Closes thing that I've found is Part# W707919-S437 it looks close but don't think it's the right one.

Just bought a 2013 Fusion Titanium AWD and used this post to attempt to tackle the job. Transmission and PDU went great and then RDU was all down hill. I used a set of gearwrech torx bits that insert into a 12mm wrench and when removing all of the teeth in the plug broke off. The torx bit ended up being stronger than the teeth of the plug which was not expected. I was able to touch up the outside with a grinder, weld a nut to the existing plug and break it loose. Looking in all of the ford diagrams I can find and they don't specifically call out the part number for the replacement "full" plug.
Fill plug came out just fine.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Hi Buckeye. If no one can give you an answer here, simply stop by your local Ford Dealership's Parts Department and ask them for the part number and cost. Then you can have them order it or use the part number to order it somewhere else.

Good luck.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Unfortunately the Ford dealership was no help on this one. According to their system all 3 plugs call for the same part number (full,fill,top) but only the top/full plugs are the same and the fill plug is larger. Looks like a generic 3/8" NPT plug is what I'm going to have to go with.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Took my FFS in this morning to one of the local Ford Dealers to get RDU Fluid Change (40K Miles) and was told that this unit was not serviceable and that their service manual said they would have to take my rear end apart to change the fluid.
I just shook my head and left. This is the same dealership I had to get under the car and show them how to do PDU fluid change.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
I'm not sure why some the Fusion Sport owners are getting black fluid out of the RDU, but in my SHO when I replaced the PTU fluid (which was black) the RDU fluid looked almost new. I've never had a RWD vehicle where the differential oil would turn black - even when I changed it at 50k miles or so the oil would always look clear unless I went deep water fording.

41 - 45 of 45 Posts