Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner
61 - 80 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
FULLY Agree! It what makes getting int the 11’s for the 1/4 mile & 3’s 0-60mph so incredibly difficult on this platform.
Stay tuned as I prepare to cross that threshold with my recent mods!

Big Turbos, 3” catted DP’s, Steeda CAI & High flow injectors since running 12.21 & 4.05 previously.
Considering how heavy the Sport is (and presumably heavier than a Sport the MKZ is), it’s astonishing that 2.7 or 3.0 liters of displacement can accomplish those kinds of numbers! If there was only some way to shoehorn the 3.5 into our platform…I’d probably wrap it around a telephone pole! Ha!!

Reactions: Spencer

·
Registered
18 Posts
Considering how heavy the Sport is (and presumably heavier than a Sport the MKZ is), it’s astonishing that 2.7 or 3.0 liters of displacement can accomplish those kinds of numbers! If there was only some way to shoehorn the 3.5 into our platform…I’d probably wrap it around a telephone pole! Ha!!
displacement AND overcoming the design shortcomings of the 6F55 tranny are sizable barriers into the 11’s!

I suggest using a cell phone & avoid those telephone poles all together! ✌😂✌

·
Registered
291 Posts
Lots of wheel-spin at launch and 1-2 shift a bit as well. E40 tune, CPE fmic and fiberglass cowl induction cai. Waiting for it to cool down for fuel pump and turbo swaps. Still rocking conti pro contact dws all seasons. They should wear out soon so maybe Firehawk Indy500?
Product Azure Rectangle Font Screenshot

Rectangle Azure Font Screenshot Parallel

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #64 ·
2017, MKZ 3.0 AWD e30 Tune by Unleashed times ran in late 2021

4.05 0-60mph
7.87 1/8th
12.21 1/4

(1.76 60 foot)

170 Stat, FMIC, RMM, GFB, HPFP, 65mm Throttle Body, Rear Sway Bar / End Links, 22# Wheels, colder plugs 0.026 gap, new coils, Fresh AMSOIL throughout

Just added & currently dialing in e30 / e40 / e50? Tunes with following additional mods in June 2022: XDI 25% Injectors, Ported & Flowed Revolution Turbos, 3” UP DP’s, Steeda-CAI, jacking rails to stiffen chassis

Targeting

3’s 0-60mph
11’s 1/4

Stay tuned for results! (Pun Intended..)
You almost broke 4s... Awesome👏

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
To be honest, you should be really happy with a low 4 second 0 to 60 time, whether anyone gets into the 3's will remain to be seen. Sooner or later your gonna break something trying, more than likely an axle. Traction is great, but sometimes wheel spin is a good thing. I'm sure the Ford engineers that see what we've ben doing to their handy work impresses them at the same time, I bet it pisses them off too, LOL.

·
Registered
18 Posts
To be honest, you should be really happy with a low 4 second 0 to 60 time, whether anyone gets into the 3's will remain to be seen. Sooner or later your gonna break something trying, more than likely an axle. Traction is great, but sometimes wheel spin is a good thing. I'm sure the Ford engineers that see what we've ben doing to their handy work impresses them at the same time, I bet it pisses them off too, LOL.
I’m chasing a world record for the MKZ & am in DEEP with mods & tuning.
I’ll get there on both fronts soon!

Components list:
-XDI 15% Fuel Injectors
-Revolution BIG Turbos
-Ultimate Performance 3”
Downpipes
-170 Degree Thermostat
-XDI EVO HPFP
-Ultimate Performance FMIC
-CPE RMM
-MRR FS-01 Flow Forged Light Weight (22#) Wheels 18 by 8.5 with a 35 offset (wider stance= improved traction)
-Rotora 6 piston Big Brake Kit up front with 355mm by 32mm rotors
-Hawk 5.0 Brake Pads on rear rotors
-MRT Axel Back Exhaust with
Muffler Delete
-Steeda-Rear Sway Bar
-Steeda-Rear End-links
-Steeda CAI
-New PCV Valve
-Go Fast Bits Diverter T9358 DV+
-Ford Performance M-12405-35T Spark Plugs gapped at 0.026
-New Coils across the board
-Tracy Lewis Catch Can
-Cleaned Intake Valves via Walnut Blasting
-De-Chromed / black satin vinyl
-30% Tint on side & rear windows
-150db Train Air Horn (for Track use presence and a-hole drivers✌😜✌).
** Both Turbos intake & Exhaust are balanced.

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Throw some water / meth on it.

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Lots of guys run E85 and meth, pick up another 30 to 40 HP if the tuning is good. Cooler MCT's are always a plus no matter what fuel your burning.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I’m already at power levels beyond 6F55 tranny max. The lack of a quantifiably reliable built tranny options for this platform is a bit of a conundrum Re more power…

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
It's the weak link for sure, and I don't see anyone going to the trouble of offering anything stronger far as internals go. There's no market for it, and really never will be.

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
I’m already at power levels beyond 6F55 tranny max. The lack of a quantifiably reliable built tranny options for this platform is a bit of a conundrum Re more power…
So where are you at power wise,

·
Registered
18 Posts
So where are you at power wise,
using the Trap Speed methodology, I was at 590HP at crank with my prior setup.
I’ve since added a CAI, High Flow Injectors, Big Turbos, 3” Downpipes & high flow axelback exhausts. I’m in the midst of data logging & tuning via custom revisions.

current power levels are well beyond 590HP (crank). How far beyond will be determined once I’ve dialed in this additional power. This is assuming my tranny will hold up…

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Just curious; how do you calculate crank hp from trap speed?

Reactions: Skipe

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Just curious; how do you calculate crank hp from trap speed?
And not to start a fight, but I really have to call BS on the 590 hp.

·
Registered
18 Posts
And not to start a fight, but I really have to call BS on the 590 hp.
Skipe, if measuring HP numbers were a priority, I’d be offended. Time, not HP is my objective. So according to the online Facebook group “Ecoboost Community, Home of The Fastest EcoBoost 1/4 mile list” (Certified IHRA times only) and the Dragy Leaderboard List, I’m the fastest MKZ running today.

Show me proof of others more modded with faster times & I’ll embrace those times. To be Frank, I’m not here to debate a thang with you or anyone… I know where I stand with regard to times…
Automotive parking light Tire Blue Light Hood

61 - 80 of 84 Posts