Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner
41 - 60 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Those negative DAs help a lot! Nice run!

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
A VERY mild, very short brake boost (12-1400 RPM). IF you find the sweet spot, you will feel like you just launched a 540 CI big block off idle.
If you feel ANY lag, or get spin, don't even bother running it to 60, will have wasted your time.
I will give my car some shots and let you know. My best one was 5.2 but I was starting from 2000RPM.

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
I've done a few pulls, but never tried with the traction control off. I think the best I got with my dragy was 4.6 or something around there. Car launches so damn hard, you think something is gonna break though.

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
Sport mode traction control off, I hold the brake and stab the gas to the floor and let off the brake when the needle touches 2000.

The whole deal is less than half a sec. It's not easy but you can get used to the timing. I actually found this getting to 60 faster than holding at 2k and building and boost when though holding at 2k feels faster and more violent it's actually slower for me at least.
I agree with the amount of time you spend brake boosting, the less the better. Never tried a continuous motion like that though.
Will have to give it a shot.

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
LOL, I was thinking the same thing.

·
Registered
18 Posts
All I’m interested in is that differential that’s going to cut 4-6 tenths off my 1/4 miles!!! Ha!
The engineering firm (AKD Performance) couldn’t make it work. It’s Dead On Arrival by NO Fault of Colin. He & Adam at ZFG Performance gave it a valiant effort! AKD, well intended as he (Stephen) may have been, could not provide a viscous coupler that shifted properly.

·
Registered
18 Posts
2017, MKZ 3.0 AWD e30 Tune by Unleashed times ran in late 2021

4.05 0-60mph
7.87 1/8th
12.21 1/4

(1.76 60 foot)

170 Stat, FMIC, RMM, GFB, HPFP, 65mm Throttle Body, Rear Sway Bar / End Links, 22# Wheels, colder plugs 0.026 gap, new coils, Fresh AMSOIL throughout

Just added & currently dialing in e30 / e40 / e50? Tunes with following additional mods in June 2022: XDI 25% Injectors, Ported & Flowed Revolution Turbos, 3” UP DP’s, Steeda-CAI, jacking rails to stiffen chassis

Targeting

3’s 0-60mph
11’s 1/4

Stay tuned for results! (Pun Intended..)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
The engineering firm (AKD Performance) couldn’t make it work. It’s Dead On Arrival by NO Fault of Colin. He & Adam at ZFG Performance gave it a valiant effort! AKD, well intended as he (Stephen) may have been, could not provide a viscous coupler that shifted properly.
It’s hard to match the engineering power of a modern automotive company. If Ford engineers something to work as a system - particularly a complex, integrated drivetrain and/or safety system - it’s going to be a massive undertaking to change any single part of it and still have it function. Everything is so connected, interrelated, interdependent, the number of algorithms and calculations that go into it all must be staggering.

Reactions: Spencer

·
Registered
18 Posts
FULLY Agree! It what makes getting int the 11’s for the 1/4 mile & 3’s 0-60mph so incredibly difficult on this platform.
Stay tuned as I prepare to cross that threshold with my recent mods!

Big Turbos, 3” catted DP’s, Steeda CAI & High flow injectors since running 12.21 & 4.05 previously.

41 - 60 of 84 Posts