Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, new to the forums.

I went in yesterday to order up a Fusion Sport. I didn't want any of the electronic nannies all the dealer ordered ones seem to come with. Really the only option I was looking for was a moon roof. Since my order was nothing special, the sales guy I was working with asked if he could find one instead of me waiting 6 weeks or whatever to have one built. I said yes, they went about finding one for me, I gave them a down-payment, and they went about seeing if anyone would finance me with my sub-par credit. I can get X Plan pricing because my work partners with Ford. It seems like I can get better financing through my bank than what they can find me through Ford's channels.

I guess my questions are these:

1) Has anyone else used the X Plan to buy a Fusion Sport, and if so, what did you end up paying?
2) Does the X Plan mean that you HAVE to finance through Ford? It seems like the principle of the loan is dependent on that pricing, and they have yet to tell me what that is.

I got a call today that they found a car that matched what I was looking for, and it'll be available tomorrow. I'm going in Tuesday to pick it up, then is what I find out what my trade is worth (trading in my 05 Mustang GT) and what the X Plan is really saving me.

Any input is appreciated, thanks.

·
Registered
81 Posts
You don't have to finance through Ford for any of the Pricing Plans. Ford will offer additional Rebates if you finance through them on select vehicles but mostly it is only an additional $500 for that and their rates are not competitive with other lenders. However they do offer special APRs if you go through them such as 0%, 0.9%, 1.9% and so on. Those are subject to the term of the loan so if you are trying to stay in a monthly budget you might not be able to get one of those.

Each vehicle has a Dealer Invoice witch has the base price of the vehicle and the MSRP with options that were added. There are all the pricing plans on their as well. Invoice, X-Plan, A/Z Plan and D-Plan. Just ask for them to show you the invoice when you come in to make sure that is what you're actually paying!

·
Registered
88 Posts
I haven't done an X Plan deal in the whole 6.5 years I've been selling Fords. It used to be a much better deal long ago until it was abused. Now, X Plan pricing is around $100 over invoice. The only benefit to doing an X Plan deal is Ford limits the documentation fee to $75 (if your dealership's doc fee isn't that much, it's a non-issue). Honestly, borderline credit or not, you can get a better deal on the car, in my professional opinion.

As Connor said, there is nothing forcing you to finance with FMCC, but a lot of times that's the bank (in my experience) who will buy you if your credit is on the light side. If you haven't already gotten a definitive answer from your own bank regarding financing, I'd suggest you do. It sounds like the dealer is trying to keep you in the dark regarding all the numbers. That's a red flag to me, and should be to you as well.

Too bad you're not closer to me. I have two 400a FS with only a moonroof in stock. Good luck with your purchase!

·
Registered
49 Posts
ike mentioned haggling and you will still have an opportunity to do that with the dealer's offer on your used car. Check out Edmond's and KBB to see what average trade-in is. Then you'll know how interested the dealer is in putting you into your new Sport. There are other posts in the Forum that discuss how to negotiate. Basically you have to be ready to walk if the deal is not agreeable to you.

Good luck! You will love the Sport.

·
Premium Member
305 Posts
ike mentioned haggling and you will still have an opportunity to do that with the dealer's offer on your used car. Check out Edmond's and KBB to see what average trade-in is. Then you'll know how interested the dealer is in putting you into your new Sport. There are other posts in the Forum that discuss how to negotiate. Basically you have to be ready to walk if the deal is not agreeable to you.

Good luck! You will love the Sport.
Also try True Car to get dealers bidding against each other. cockerdogs:D

·
Registered
206 Posts
My dealer discounted the sport I bought under invoice, plus some rebates and Ford offered 0%/72 mo, although I have decent (not great) credit.

I had been looking into X plan pricing, but the deal they offered was better.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts