Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Nope. But specs say 5.7 0-60 and 14.1- 1/4mi. Skid pad testing for it is way better than ours, so straight only.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Actually, repeated roastings by tuned Subies was what caused me to tune and mod my FuSport. My sales territory is mostly in the Allegheny and Appalachia ranges which must be the natural habitat of built Subarus. They’re everywhere out there. Now they get a rude wakening when they mess with me!!

·
Super Moderator
1,273 Posts
Are you talking about current-gen WRX's? My buddy just got rid of his '17, and stock for stock, my Fusion was faster (nothing crazy, but I'd pull away at every speed). He got a Stage 1 COBB tune, and that only evened things out as I stayed stock. Top end (above 60-ish), I'd start pulling away even with his tune, tho.

On track, he was much quicker on turn-in in corners (not surising), but on longer or faster corners where we were on the gas, he slowed down and started understeering a little - still faster than me but again it evened things out.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
theres one parked at h.b. Wilkinson i always see but i never see it out driving around.. license plate is WOT TBE so if i ever see them its gonna be a mission to get up next to them and see what its got. other than that i dont see very many where i am

·
Registered
682 Posts
Every WRX I've raced I've won. Breaking hearts out there.

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Nope. But specs say 5.7 0-60 and 14.1- 1/4mi. Skid pad testing for it is way better than ours, so straight only.
Wonder why so slow. Specs and weight are pretty close to my 03 EVO.

https://www.motortrend.com/cars/mitsubishi/lancer/2003/2003-mitsubishi-lancer-evolution-3/

Every WRX I've raced I've won. Breaking hearts out there.
Sounds like the latest one's are actually slower than the last version (after digging up some road tests)

·
Registered
159 Posts
The Subies I was challenged by were older, smaller WRXs, a first-gen Forester, even a slammed older Outback. I don’t follow them so I don’t know exactly what model years but they were all much smaller versions of what they are today. Evidently, they knew what a Fusion Sport was because they picked on me. When I was bone stock running 93 octane fuel in sport mode, I could barely hang with them and got completely dusted by the Forester; that was the one that broke the camels back for me. My car was fresh, 10-12k on its first motor. Now with tune & mods it’s a totally different story. I’d still be nervous to run that Forester again though. Your experience may vary, but these mountain boys know how to build their Subarus.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts