Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have the 4" screen on my 2017 sport , I would like to upgrade. Also would I need buy anything else to get navi?

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
I currently have the 4" screen on my 2017 sport , I would like to upgrade. Also would I need buy anything else to get navi?
Anything is possible with enough effort, but getting dual climate would be a lot of work. You're missing the console bits you mention, but you're also missing all the ducting, harnesses, everything running to the back seat area I think as well. Someone can probably provide parts details but it's quite a bit you'd have to add to get that.

Just moving to 8 inch screen, though, is very doable, and several folks have done that. Generally speaking though, the climate controls on the right side don't do anything because the amount of effort required to get that to work is pretty high.

·
Registered
847 Posts
No, he's talking dual side to side, and that calls for a whole other heater box. all Fusions have front and rear heat n A/C.

Reactions: Engineer

·
Registered
'17 Magnetic; Unleashed Tune, FMIC
170 Posts
Simple answer, yes, a lot more. I looked into this with my old car and that was 2008 and it was more trouble than its worth.

Between dash trim, screen, wiring harness, antenna, programming, etc...if its a pure passion project then Engineer is right...anything can be done with time and money.

With todays tech, CarPlay, phone navigation...why not just go with an aftermarket unit and tie it all in with one part being changed (more or less). Just my opinion...I have the nav and once phone is plugged in its never used.

·
Registered
847 Posts
A 2008 is pretty old, were talking 2017 Fusions here. You can buy a complete kit for around 1800 bucks , but if you can find all the hard wear needed and just have someone with Forscan do the programing your good to go. I have all the hard wear to do mine, just need to take the time and do it.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
A 2008 is pretty old, were talking 2017 Fusions here. You can buy a complete kit for around 1800 bucks , but if you can find all the hard wear needed and just have someone with Forscan do the programing your good to go. I have all the hard wear to do mine, just need to take the time and do it.
Out of genuine curiosity why would I need Forscan ? Not sure what it is. Also I was just gone take out the stuff out a wrecked fusion

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Anything is possible with enough effort, but getting dual climate would be a lot of work. You're missing the console bits you mention, but you're also missing all the ducting, harnesses, everything running to the back seat area I think as well. Someone can probably provide parts details but it's quite a bit you'd have to add to get that.

Just moving to 8 inch screen, though, is very doable, and several folks have done that. Generally speaking though, the climate controls on the right side don't do anything because the amount of effort required to get that to work is pretty high.
Thanks I didn't know it was different b duct work and all, send like too much of a hassle in that case

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Out of genuine curiosity why would I need Forscan ? Not sure what it is. Also I was just gone take out the stuff out a wrecked fusion
The various computer modules in the car need to be configured to show the proper configuration in your car, and also have the right VIN stored, and so forth. Every module has a number of settings particular to your specific car, so you have to configure that. That part actually isn't too tough though, it sounds scarier than it actually is. Don't let that part worry you too much.

Also, some others pointed out the ducting to the rear is the same. So it should mostly just be the antenna, some wiring, and the second HVAC unit you'd need to install, along with that config.

·
Registered
2017 Platinum white Fusion Sport w/ 400A, moonroof and driver seat memory. No mods yet
34 Posts
I was going to ask the same thing. If I upgrade to an 8” screen, whether Sony or the regular Sync, wouldn’t the dual climate zone button be useless since my AC doesn’t support it? What would even happen if I press it?
Also, would my heated seats still work with the screen upgrade since they have different buttons? Thanks in advance

1 - 9 of 9 Posts