Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not even a week of ownership and I got the windows tinted. I went limo (5%) on the rear and 20% on the fronts (yes, it is illegal unless you have a written note from a doctor here in Michigan).

I couldn't help it... I felt like I was in a fishbowl.

·
Registered
624 Posts
not even a week of ownership and i got the windows tinted. I went limo (5%) on the rear and 20% on the fronts (yes, it is illegal unless you have a written note from a doctor here in michigan).

I couldn't help it... I felt like i was in a fishbowl.
pictures please!

·
Registered
142 Posts
Gonna be getting mine done soon. I think I'm going to go 15% in the rear and 25% in the front. I'm in SoCal and it's technically not legal here either but I had them on my last car and never got dinged.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Auto 1 in Howell, MI. My wife and I know the owner. I paid 210.
Well, knowing the owner puts a crimp in looking at the price, obviously. And Howell is a little far afield for me to go :)

Any idea on how removable the film might be? My Sport is a lease and Ford get's a little picky (sometimes) about things done to a car you need to return.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Any idea on how removable the film might be? My Sport is a lease and Ford get's a little picky (sometimes) about things done to a car you need to return.
The last 2 cars I leased (from Ford), I confirmed with the sales person if there were any concerns, of which were none. As far as removing the film, it can be tricky and may tear in small pieces. Residue may be left on the glass and will need to be cleaned with some sort of solvent/gunk remover.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
That looks really clean ! Do you plan on mudering it out ? Smoked headlights, etc. ?
I haven't put too much thought into that. It is a lease, so I don't want to push the envelope. Plus, I'm saving my pennies right now for a LMS tune... hoping to get her in their garage in the next couple of weeks after a few things free up there.

·
Registered
278 Posts
I am planning on getting the windows tinted too.

In our area they advertize the following tints. Which would
you recommend.

SunTrek
Huper Optic
Solar Guard
3M

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I am planning on getting the windows tinted too.

In our area they advertize the following tints. Which would
you recommend.

SunTrek
Huper Optic
Solar Guard
3M
I have Solar Guard on my FuSpo, and have used 3M on the last 2 cars I have had. On my 2001 GP GTP I had Sun-Gard. I have the carbon style window tint.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Does anyone know what the stock tint percentages are on the FuSpo?
The fusion does not come with any tint applied to the factory auto glass. The auto glass may have some sort of solar protection within the glass formula, but as far as darkening tint, there is none.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Does anyone know what the stock tint percentages are on the FuSpo?
The fusion does not come with any tint applied to the factory auto glass. The auto glass may have some sort of solar protection within the glass formula, but as far as darkening tint, there is none.
Most of the clear auto glass blocks about 7%, making it around 93% see through glass. With my 2010 Fusion Sport, I put 20% tint on my windows, and when I got pulled over and the cop measured the tint, it measured out as 13% which makes sense given the factory glass plus my tint.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I got 3M ColorStay (I think) done on mine a couple weeks ago. 30% all the way around. It looks so dark but so good. Little darker than I wanted in the front but oh well. If I get pulled over, it's a fixit ticket. And mine are definitely not the darkest around.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
FWIW: I have 5% rear, and supposed to have 20% on the front. However, when looking at the car, it appears all is 5% or 20% as the front and rear are consistent.

I've also been pulled over twice in the last month for JUST window tint.... and we have murderers running loose :confused:

·
Registered
142 Posts
FWIW: I have 5% rear, and supposed to have 20% on the front. However, when looking at the car, it appears all is 5% or 20% as the front and rear are consistent.

I've also been pulled over twice in the last month for JUST window tint.... and we have murderers running loose :confused:
Yea I moved from Michigan 3 years ago and I remember the cops being WAY over anal about window tint. I'm in SoCal now, and it seems that the vast majority of vehicles have tint even though it's supposed to be illegal. Basically you only get dinged for it on top of another infraction. So just don't be stupid and you won't get sniped for it. But Michigan was outrageous.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts