Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Talked to Willwood today, I hate Ford brakes lol , There is a 14" BBK front only as you don't really need rears, unless you just like to spend money, but TCE can put the kits together if anyone else is interested, I plan to go to Willwoods soon. ;)

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Talked to Willwood today, I hate Ford brakes lol , There is a 14" BBK front only as you don't really need rears, unless you just like to spend money, but TCE can put the kits together if anyone else is interested, I plan to go to Willwoods soon. ;)
hmmmmmm im going to see how the boat handles auto x first before i make that decision. but it was on my mind, especially if that allows us to run a slightly smaller wheel without braking compromise.

·
Registered
296 Posts
I'm also interested in the price too. Wouldn't hurt to add a little extra stopping power. I don't think these are to bad but upgrades are always fun.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
what kind of price points are they talking?
I believe somewhere in the ball park of $ 1700.00, which includes new braided lines and all the hardware & shims, btw this is a custom kit Willwood does not have one available yet, TCE does all of Willwoods kits it's the same kit, I think there is a 13" and a 14" kit depending on which rims etc, 6 piston calipers. Here is the link: TCE Performance Products if you want more information, I don't think there is a vendor section in this forum hopefully they won't get upset:)

Reactions: Dconlan4

·
Registered
447 Posts
I believe somewhere in the ball park of $ 1700.00, which includes new braided lines and all the hardware & shims, btw this is a custom kit Willwood does not have one available yet, TCE does all of Willwoods kits it's the same kit, I think there is a 13" and a 14" kit depending on which rims etc, 6 piston calipers. Here is the link: TCE Performance Products if you want more information, I don't think there is a vendor section in this forum hopefully they won't get upset:)
too expensive

·
Registered
1,018 Posts

·
Registered
451 Posts

I thought the same about not needing rears, but now I'm getting confused. Why are the rears the ones glazing/warping on our cars? Is it the Fronts that aren't able to handle the stress and rears are being used more?

There's definitely a few people on the facebook group including myself whos rears are in worse shape then the front (visually).

·
Registered
871 Posts
I thought the same about not needing rears, but now I'm getting confused. Why are the rears the ones glazing/warping on our cars? Is it the Fronts that aren't able to handle the stress and rears are being used more?

There's definitely a few people on the facebook group including myself whos rears are in worse shape then the front (visually).
You shouldn't be having any glazing or brake pad material being deposited on to the rotors. Modern cars will use the rear brakes more then the old cars due to the stability control.

·
Super Moderator
1,523 Posts
A lot of the current lineup of Fords for some reason wear the rear brakes excessively. I repeatedly see our Sports and regular 2013+ Fusions, Escapes, and Edges at most go through back brakes like crazy or at very minimum are grooved and glazed over, even tho the fronts are fine.

I'm at 15k on my Sport, the fronts look OK, but the back discs look like they've seen 40k. I don't track my car, just go back roads and mostly highway. I've also got 5 2G Fusions (of varying models & years) within my close-family, all have this with the back brakes.

Reactions: Donjohnk

·
Registered
248 Posts
I've recently noticed some warping in my passenger rear rotor. I'm at 22k.

·
Registered
248 Posts
What exactly is our rotor dimensions on the front?

·
Registered
248 Posts

·
Registered
871 Posts
The only complete kit is made by Rotora. Wilwood only makes the front.

Rotora Big Brake Kit Summer Sale
https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?sh...com/forum/showthread.php?t=17677&share_type=t

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Wilwood doesn't make any kits for the Fusion, The Wilwood kits are custom kits made by independent dealers, which gives them the felxability to tailer the kit to how you are using the car. What you want or need in brakes changes weither you are looking for a looks, drag racing, road racing, autocross, ect.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Wilwood doesn't make any kits for the Fusion, The Wilwood kits are custom kits made by independent dealers, which gives them the felxability to tailer the kit to how you are using the car. What you want or need in brakes changes weither you are looking for a looks, drag racing, road racing, autocross, ect.
Yes, you're correct. TCE Performance makes the Wilwood kit for the Fusion 13+

·
Registered
311 Posts
anyone got a picture of the pads used in these kits? I'm curious if there is actually more braking surface being made not just adding more pistons on the caliper.

·
Registered
333 Posts
anyone got a picture of the pads used in these kits? I'm curious if there is actually more braking surface being made not just adding more pistons on the caliper.
Good question...I have a 2018 Fiat Spider Abarth that came with 4-piston Brembos on the front. Wilwood makes a 6-piston caliper for this car, but the brake pad swept area is actually less than the 4-piston Brembos...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts