Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife drives much more conservatively than I do. She's got the 1.5, which suits her driving style just fine. When she's in my car I always go really easy and drive slowly because she's the most important part of my life.

Today, though, there was someone in a minivan-looking thing behind us being really annoying and honking at us, giving us the finger, etc. I just let it roll off of me because I don't really care, but then we stopped at a light right before a highway entrance ramp.

I'm sorry, you'll have to forgive me. I just couldn't help it. 😉 When that light turned green I hammered it, right up to the limit. Minivan was gone, way back in the rear view. I expected my wife to freak and lay into me about it, but nope. I looked over and she was smiling, clearly very proud, and said "well you showed them!”

It's a really good day. No matter what else happens today, it's a great day. 😎

Now it makes me wonder though, how it would have been with a tune on there. 🤣🤣🤣

·
Registered
477 Posts
Hi Engineer. She's a keeper! :love:

As my wife likes to say..."You gotta' have a car that can pick up and get out of its own way!"

Sounds like our wives are two of a kind. :D

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
My wife drives much more conservatively than I do. She's got the 1.5, which suits her driving style just fine. When she's in my car I always go really easy and drive slowly because she's the most important part of my life.

Today, though, there was someone in a minivan-looking thing behind us being really annoying and honking at us, giving us the finger, etc. I just let it roll off of me because I don't really care, but then we stopped at a light right before a highway entrance ramp.

I'm sorry, you'll have to forgive me. I just couldn't help it. 😉 When that light turned green I hammered it, right up to the limit. Minivan was gone, way back in the rear view. I expected my wife to freak and lay into me about it, but nope. I looked over and she was smiling, clearly very proud, and said "well you showed them!”

NICE!! A tune, sway bars, and summer tires (AS3++ in winter, which are pretty close in dry), changed this car, night and day.
I was kind of upset that a stock fusion sport, is not as nimble as a stock 2.0 AWD. 3-400 lbs will do that. But now that I have the bars
and tires on, it just as good, if not better (and of course the power is night/day). The thing that is nicest is the AWD system still handles the
power with a 93 tune with ease in virtually any scenario (wet or dry).

I really don't know what I would get next that would be as good and will allow changing things with FORSCAN and cheap tunes.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Hi Engineer. She's a keeper! :love:

As my wife likes to say..."You gotta' have a car that can pick up and get out of its own way!"

Sounds like our wives are two of a kind. :D
Make that three! My wife always asks me before we get too far from home if she's in sport mode or not...she loves it. Ford girl her entire life...family are all huge Mustang/Ford nuts so instant points there lol.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Rear sway bar does help. After being on a 93 tune and an E tune, the stock tune makes the car feel a lot slower. If you go with a 93 tune in most cases you get better gas milage too if you can keep your foot out it.

·
Registered
38 Posts

That’s how I drive my sport when someone is riding my ass due to slower people in front of me that I haven’t been able to pass yet!

·
Registered
431 Posts
I watched Twin Force's You Tube video on his new stage 3 CR MKZ turbos. My wife says" don't you have the MKZ turbos?" I say yes but these are specially engineered for better performance. She said," go ahead under one condition.. pay someone else to install them. I can't watch you go through that ordeal again." and don't tell me the $1600.00 Mickey Thompsons were the new snow tires. Busted! LOL 32 years of marriage and counting.

Reactions: Fozzy and Engineer

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I watched Twin Force's You Tube video on his new stage 3 CR MKZ turbos. My wife says" don't you have the MKZ turbos?" I say yes but these are specially engineered for better performance. She said," go ahead under one condition.. pay someone else to install them. I can't watch you go through that ordeal again." and don't tell me the $1600.00 Mickey Thompsons were the new snow tires. Busted! LOL 32 years of marriage and counting.
Looks like you have a winner @Flew ! :cool:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts