Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Say I wanted to put a 19" x 8.5" wheel on. What is the widest tire that would fit front and back on the FS? For example, would 265/35 work?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Thanks. Yes, I was just on Tire Rack searching for said size tires and came across the charts showing minimum wheel width of 9". Didn't think to do that first! Darn half an inch!
However, now it has me thinking, what about with a 9" wide wheel. Would 265 size tires fit on the FS or would they rub?

·
Registered
82 Posts
I'm running 245/35/20 in the front and 275/30/20 in the rear. No issues.
What wheels are you using? I've been wanting to go wider, I'm interested in your tire width, backspacing, and offset.

Pictures would be sweet too.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
He's posted it before. I don't know how to merge the link

·
Registered
80 Posts
I wouldn't go beyond a 255/35/19 tire on a 8.5" wheel. A 265/35/19 at a minimum should have a 9"minimum rim width and even then it wouldn't be optimum. Also I don't understand staggered setups on this car, other than aesthetics,why?

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
I have always ran a staggered set up, but then again all of my cars were RWD.
I plan to keep this one straight up and Ive found some 19's that only weigh 22lbs so that's a 44lb savings.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I have always ran a staggered set up, but then again all of my cars were RWD.
I plan to keep this one straight up and Ive found some 19's that only weigh 22lbs so that's a 44lb savings.
I like these from Tirerack..only 20lbs and they are 19X8.5 with a 45mm offset. That would give it a 50lb advantage and all of it rotational mass.

They are a flowformed wheel and they will come out to the fender by 16mm more giving it a nice aggressive stance. Along with the Steeda springs should make a nice package.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
I like these from Tirerack..only 20lbs and they are 19X8.5 with a 45mm offset. That would give it a 50lb advantage and all of it rotational mass.

They are a flowformed wheel and they will come out to the fender by 16mm more giving it a nice aggressive stance. Along with the Steeda springs should make a nice package.
Nice, I didn't see those and they are similar to the ones I found.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I had to check them out and the ones I want actually weigh 20.2lbs. I really like the Niche Targas but they weigh 28lbs.
Well the good news is they weigh about as much as stock. Its just if you go add wider tires that are going to weigh more. Although a Mich PSS or the new PS4 are actually quite light weight.

Dave

·
Registered
27 Posts
Is 8.5 the widest that will fit?
Is 255 the widest tire we can get without rubbing?

I just looked on tirerack and they were a lot more expensive, link maybe?

·
Registered
333 Posts
Is 8.5 the widest that will fit?
Is 255 the widest tire we can get without rubbing?

I just looked on tirerack and they were a lot more expensive, link maybe?
I went to 20x8.5 with 255/35 tires, +40 offset (OEM is +55), and they have LOTS of clearance behind them, no rubbing issues at all. The caliper covers I plan on installing this weekend should fit with plenty of wheel clearance.

This is the website I used to figure out what wheel widths / offsets / tire sizes SHOULD work. I'm guessing that a 9" wide wheel would fit as well, with a slightly higher offset, maybe +45 to +50:

Online Wheel and Tyre Fitment Calculator. Offset, Tyre Stretch and Speedo Error | Will They Fit

Attachments

1 - 20 of 22 Posts