Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay okay just to clarify, the title isn't expressing my feelings of the 2017 Ford Fusion Sport at all ! This is just the title of the video that is posted below. But in a nut shell, in the video, this gentleman explains why he will not be buying a FFS. He talks about the depreciation of them, doesn't feel the performance he wanted out of it, etc. He also seems to be a Ford sales representative ?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Sadly Agree.

Well gents.... I am a die hard ford guy. so please forgive me for this post... I have a 5.0 and a Fusion Titanium. The Titanium is ready for trade and the plan - since I first heard of the sport - was to get one. The fusion has been a great daily driver, good all around car. Just missing what the Sport promised to deliver - some strong performance for a mid size sedan. I am extremely disheartened after reading many..many reviews on this forum - and anywhere else - that the car is not delivering what it was meant to> spirited driving that should match a Charger RT at least. The numbers are not even close. Beaten by a Honda accord?? This is supposed to be a 5 second car!

5.8 seconds to 60 is brutal. Embarrassing even. Its like putting a Shelby emblem on a GT..show and no go. Not what I wanted. Many suggesting the car will get faster or that Ford held back power until X number of miles is sadly, wishful thinking. A tune will help, but not nearly enough to fix the gearing issue in 3rd gear. Some have mentioned the Procal tune that ford racing has for the 5.0 - yes that helps, I have it on my 5.0 and it greatly improved throttle response but didn't give much HP or torque increase. Not noticeably for sure.

So... I am now changing gears so to speak and will look at other options as I cant see buying a "sport" that I know is not going to give me the performance I expect of it. And... I'm really pissed at Ford for screwing this up so badly. All eyes have been watching and waiting for the arrival of this car. And ford did not deliver. Likely why we have not seen any comprehensive performance reviews from the big guys yet, and when we do - they wont be good.

Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
25 Posts
If mountune can get 300hp out of a single turbo 2 liter ST I think 400 hp will be easy to obtain out of a twin turbo 2.7. It's just, who's going to do it? When I test drove it I thought it would be faster, but know there is a ton of potential in this motor. I like the ride, it's refined and I didn't go into it thinking it was going to be an ST or RS car. It's not priced like it. I don't know where you're going to get these specs for the money.

·
Registered
14 Posts
If mountune can get 300hp out of a single turbo 2 liter ST I think 400 hp will be easy to obtain out of a twin turbo 2.7. It's just, who's going to do it? When I test drove it I thought it would be faster, but know there is a ton of potential in this motor. I like the ride, it's refined and I didn't go into it thinking it was going to be an ST or RS car. It's not priced like it. I don't know where you're going to get these specs for the money.
I agree, nice ride and not an RS. So is the Titanium.

And yes I believe you are right, someone will get 400 hp out of it. Steeda comes to mind....

But -I don't think HP is the problem. Gearing and transmission is.....

My 500 hp 5.0 cant catch the new 340i BMW with 320 hp... its 8 speed tranny, gearing height and lack of turbo lag make it super fast.

I hope Ford does make some changes , but that's a year or 2 out..... and after the market demands it.

·
Registered
491 Posts
My 500 hp 5.0 cant catch the new 340i BMW with 320 hp... its 8 speed tranny, gearing height and lack of turbo lag make it super fast.
You are exaggerating here right? My G8 with 415ish hp destroys these things but a 5.0 will start to walk me within about 300 yards...

On the subject though, the sport is new and seems to have been a bit rushed to market. It is also meant to address a specific, very small, portion of the market. It has potential and I have no doubt that the aftermarket is going to come up with "fixes" for everything that seems to be wrong with it right now.

·
Registered
14 Posts
You are exaggerating here right? My G8 with 415ish hp destroys these things but a 5.0 will start to walk me within about 300 yards...

On the subject though, the sport is new and seems to have been a bit rushed to market. It is also meant to address a specific, very small, portion of the market. It has potential and I have no doubt that the aftermarket is going to come up with "fixes" for everything that seems to be wrong with it right now.
I wish I was... the 340"s are pulling 4.2 ish times. Mustang is close but cant hook up like the AWD BMW. But hey - the mustang sounds way better! :)

·
Registered
150 Posts
Here is my humble opinion, I picked up my '17 Sport last weekend. I havent gotten myself all wrapped around the axle on the 0-60 times but my "butt dino" is telling me and a few passengers that this is a powerful and pretty quick car. Maybe I had lower expectations than some of forum members here, but I am not disappointed by the car at all. I dont know why any magazines have done reviews yet, not even going to hazard a guess. But I will say that I no longer put a big bearing on car magazines reviews or stats as significant input when buying a car. I enjoy reading them and much like this forum it's interesting seeing other people's opinions on things that interest me. But in saying that, I have seen three different magazines review the same car with the same engine/drivetrain and have a big difference in stats. I have also read reviews that have praised cars as the best in their class (BMW 3 series, Toyota Camry...) and after driving the car wondered how the heck they came up with the results in the article. All I can say is I loved my '16 AWD 2.0 and this one is quicker and handles better (based on my "butt dyno, G-force meter), the car is awesome to drive in my opinion! P.S. I don't plan to do much stop light drag racing, maybe if I get Shelby Mustang or Camaro SS and if I do I will make sure it's against a Fusion 2.0! Just my 2 cents...

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Here is my humble opinion, I picked up my '17 Sport last weekend. I havent gotten myself all wrapped around the axle on the 0-60 times but my "butt dino" is telling me and a few passengers that this is a powerful and pretty quick car. Maybe I had lower expectations than some of forum members here, but I am not disappointed by the car at all. I dont know why any magazines have done reviews yet, not even going to hazard a guess. But I will say that I no longer put a big bearing on car magazines reviews or stats as significant input when buying a car. I enjoy reading them and much like this forum it's interesting seeing other people's opinions on things that interest me. But in saying that, I have seen three different magazines review the same car with the same engine/drivetrain and have a big difference in stats. I have also read reviews that have praised cars as the best in their class (BMW 3 series, Toyota Camry...) and after driving the car wondered how the heck they came up with the results in the article. All I can say is I loved my '16 AWD 2.0 and this one is quicker and handles better (based on my "butt dyno, G-force meter), the car is awesome to drive in my opinion! P.S. I don't plan to do much stop light drag racing, maybe if I get Shelby Mustang or Camaro SS and if I do I will make sure it's against a Fusion 2.0! Just my 2 cents...
See now that was a good humble opinion. Giving your honest thoughts on it based exactly on how you feel opposed to comparing statistics and specifications like a magazine journalist or reviewer of some sort.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Always amazed at stupidity

Maybe it's because I'm 53, ex-military (Desert Storm), ex-federal agent, and ex owner of a 2008 EVO VII (The original and the best) and a ex owner 2004 Cobra Terminator that I get so tired of reading dribble across forums. There is something special about buying the car *YOU* want that makes *YOU* feel good every time you look at it, drive it, and ****, look at a picture of it. I am the proud own of 2 TWO 2015 Ford Fusions Titainums and when my youngest son care blew out, it was a perfect excuse to get another car. When I saw the new 2017 Sport, well, it was LOVE.

So when I have to sit and read all about how the car is not up to *insert your name here* standards, I gotta ask why the **** you are on this forum. There are plenty of *I feel OK by making others feel NOT OK* forums, move that mouse and get on it. I joined this forum to talk with others about a car that just makes me feel good! Sure, I'm having fun looking at the stats and comparing the torque of 380lbs to a Ferrari. But, *checks pockets*, I'm guessing I'm in good company when I say the Lord has blessed me plenty and I'm not going to ever own a Ferrari.

When I traded in my EVO on the Cobra it was pushing 375HP and 350lbs of Torque to the wheels! I'll let you do the math. I was running low 11's in the quarter and trapping, on good nights, very close to the bikes. Then, when I was tired of hurting for a day after driving the EVO hard I decided to go BIG. I have no idea how much HP the Terminator had but there was nothing I loved better than chasing down V12's and then waving as I went by on the open freeway. And, yes, OMG the sound gave me a woody. But my leg (busted up knee) got so bad I couldn't push the clutch and getting 8mpg was getting old. So I decided I was out of the game and just wanted to coast home in my golden years.

But, with MY FS I'm back, and better than ever. It looks incredible, it feels incredible, and it will go JUST FINE. I have no plans to take it to the track, slap on a fast spooling turbo or put led ground lights on it. But, I'm already enjoying having a *little lead in my pencil* and I'm looking forward to many years of fun. I also look forward to reading stories of others like me that are finding ways to enjoy this awesome car and even some that push the envelope on this car, which I think is going to happen. I've seen some F150's that just flat out scare me!

So, move on lads, some of us are here to enjoy life!

·
Registered
183 Posts
So when I have to sit and read all about how the car is not up to *insert your name here* standards,
You HAVE to? Is someone twisting your hand, forcing you to? You are free to skip the threads that are of no interest to you. :)

Thank you for your service, BTW.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
So, move on lads, some of us are here to enjoy life!
Some of us are here to get honest opinions of the car, good and bad.
It's not like you were bate and switched on this thread, you were perfectly
free to not read it, but did anyway and knew exactly what you were going to get.

Aside from pure trolling, I welcome all info and reviews.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Maybe it's because I'm 53, ex-military (Desert Storm), ex-federal agent, and ex owner of a 2008 EVO VII (The original and the best) and a ex owner 2004 Cobra Terminator that I get so tired of reading dribble across forums.

Is this kind of comment really warranted? Many of us are looking for info. Its great new sport owners love their cars. Some of us are a little disappointed with the fact that Ford hyped this car to be something it clearly is not. I have a driveway full of fords - Fusion Titanium, (DD Cruiser) Focus (second car) and a wicked 5.0 (fun). Wanted another one that would give me the fast sports sedan I was missing.... Where else will we get info to decide what to buy? Forums where owners talk about what they like and don't like about their car. Information sharing, period. From the horses mouth so to speak. Shouldn't live and let live fit somewhere in your scolding?

Ford watches these venues, if people are complaining and they don't sell, guess what - Ford makes improvements in the next model.! So to voice displeasure is not a knock at you the new owner... its a knock at Ford for building expectations and not delivering all it should have. I didn't want to spend 70k on a BMW - to get a screaming fast family sedan - I wanted to spend half that and get similar performance as Ford said when it compared the performance numbers of the sport to 340i. But - we now know< thanks to the members on this forum - there is no comparison, not even close.

Of note... its 2016.... bragging about a 2008 Evo and 2004 Cobra... really? Don't think you gain any credibility from that one mate. Smile a little! Cheers!

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
If you don't mind me asking. I am currently in the market for a 17 Sport. What did you pay out the door?

·
Registered
87 Posts
Maybe it's because I'm 53, ex-military (Desert Storm), ex-federal agent, and ex owner of a 2008 EVO VII (The original and the best) and a ex owner 2004 Cobra Terminator that I get so tired of reading dribble across forums.

Is this kind of comment really warranted? Many of us are looking for info. Its great new sport owners love their cars. Some of us are a little disappointed with the fact that Ford hyped this car to be something it clearly is not. I have a driveway full of fords - Fusion Titanium, (DD Cruiser) Focus (second car) and a wicked 5.0 (fun). Wanted another one that would give me the fast sports sedan I was missing.... Where else will we get info to decide what to buy? Forums where owners talk about what they like and don't like about their car. Information sharing, period. From the horses mouth so to speak. Shouldn't live and let live fit somewhere in your scolding?

Ford watches these venues, if people are complaining and they don't sell, guess what - Ford makes improvements in the next model.! So to voice displeasure is not a knock at you the new owner... its a knock at Ford for building expectations and not delivering all it should have. I didn't want to spend 70k on a BMW - to get a screaming fast family sedan - I wanted to spend half that and get similar performance as Ford said when it compared the performance numbers of the sport to 340i. But - we now know< thanks to the members on this forum - there is no comparison, not even close.

Of note... its 2016.... bragging about a 2008 Evo and 2004 Cobra... really? Don't think you gain any credibility from that one mate. Smile a little! Cheers!
You say there's no comparison. Have you driven one to compare ?

·
Registered
529 Posts
If you don't mind me asking. I am currently in the market for a 17 Sport. What did you pay out the door?
I've seen you ask this a couple of times... too many variables to play with.... what are your expectations?

Also, there's a specific area for this discussion.

·
Registered
31 Posts
elronino - You are the Grand Prize Winner !! Watch Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy - They ask: "What is the ultimate question ?"

Since it is the political season - I second the motion. Would somebody please state what your expectations are ? It would make for a great thread !!

Here are mine:
- Has to look good - body lines, wheels, interior layout, grill
- Comfort, low interior noise, NAV, good sound system, AC/Heated seats ( Yup I'm in the South )
- Passing acceleration and Non-passing acceleration (just get on it !!)
- AWD with adjustable suspension
- Select shift transmission
- More that 300HP (Mental issue with this one :) hahaha)

Also, if your expectations are run with your hair on fire in a 4 door sedan with luxury then maybe the Panamera is what you need to drive.

As for me, traded my WRX in for my Sport. The more I drive it the more I like it - except the seats. Tough trying to find the perfect setup without
a 19" butt cushion like my F-150 FX/2 Sport !!! LMAO

Sport, RS, ST, EVO, WRX - Everyone has a pieces of the alphabet they like and that looks good on the car. And that's fine - as long as the car looks good !!!

ENJOY Your Ride - It almost sounds like sibling rivalry among your cars !!!

·
Registered
405 Posts

Pretending like a 2008 Evo or a 2004 Cobra werent the most iconic and powerful street cars for their era, you just lost all of credibility from that one. Both of those cars would easily wipe the floor of a fusion sport and were known for being absolute monsters when modded. Your lack of experience and car knowledge is showing...

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Pretending like a 2008 Evo or a 2004 Cobra werent the most iconic and powerful street cars for their era, you just lost all of credibility from that one. Both of those cars would easily wipe the floor of a fusion sport and were known for being absolute monsters when modded. Your lack of experience and car knowledge is showing...
While I agree with you about the Cobra beating a Fusion Sport, a stock Evo would be a closer battle, not wipe the floor. A modded Evo sure, stock I think it would be closer than you think but the Evo would still win by a decent enough margin.

But don't start knocking someone about a lack of car knowledge when you say you had a 2008 Evo VII, or saying it was the original. 2008 was the Evo X, and the Evo 7 was from 2001 to 2003, and the original was the Evo 1 from 92-94.

While I respect your military history, and I respect your choice in cars, what you said about the Evo was wrong.

So lets stop the dick measuring contest and just move the **** on.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts