Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

41 - 44 of 44 Posts

Premium Member
2017 Fusion Sport, 401A, Driver Assistance Package ; 1999 Expedition 5.4 4x4
Discussion Starter #41
Two previous owners!? Wow! You are fortunate! Although white ages so much better than every other color besides maybe silver. I built an off-road truck back in the Nineties and when I ordered the base vehicle I chose plain white. Ten years later it rusted away but the paint that was left still looked good! Im pretty sure that Platinum White is a tri-coat like my Burgundy Velvet. I took it for a paint correction and coating a couple years ago and the guy screwed it up because he didn鈥檛 know the clearcoat was tinted! He used the wrong clearcoat cutter and ended up having the car two days instead of one. Based on how the finish held up, I鈥檓 pretty sure he cheated me on the ceramic because he was taking a bath on the hours.
I think it does! Silver also ages pretty well I find. I was actually a bit remiss about the white color, as I've never found a plain, flat white to be very appealing. It wasn't until I got the car to the carwash under some white CFL lighting that I noticed, "Hey, this paint has some shimmer!" Did some research and it was indeed the Platinum Tri-metallic I got. I actually love this color so much now, wouldn't want any other color with this car.

I got very lucky in alot of manners with this car. I feel like I found my car soulmate. 馃槀

Registered
Yeah, my chick was digging it until the FedEx truck full of parts arrived, followed quickly by the credit card bill! Haha!

Premium Member
2017 Fusion Sport, 401A, Driver Assistance Package ; 1999 Expedition 5.4 4x4
Discussion Starter #44
Because chicks dig mid sized family sedans.
Weirdly enough, mine has. So much so she is planning to buy her own in a few months.

She says she only likes the front end, and that rest of the cars exterior is ugly (I disagree). But the 2.7L is what caused her to want this car, plus the interior is actually a really nice place IMO.

41 - 44 of 44 Posts