Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Premium Member
2017 Fusion Sport, 401A, Driver Assistance Package ; 1999 Expedition 5.4 4x4
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey y'all! Been looking through the forums and getting used to the car after almost a well driving it.

Firstly, I love this car. Truly I do, maybe it's just cause my first true car (besides my old Expy) is a sports sedan with more power than an 80's Ferrari, but something about the whole experience makes me feel very lucky.

I spent 22k on a 45k car, this was the only car I could've gotten with this amount of power and luxury for the price I paid. I feel extremely lucky.

But that leads me to more questions, namely, for you folks who bought these beautiful cars brand new and are remarkably skilled with tuning and electronics. There were plenty of other competitors in the 40k range from other manufacturers that generally speaking have more prestige and aftermarket support than our Fusions.

Many of you seem more than skilled enough to deal with those more advanced cars as well.

So why choose the Fusion? Thanks for your replies!

·
Registered
140 Posts
I've posted this before but long story short I didn't like any other options - Audi, BMW, VW, Lexus, Infiniti, Chrysler, none of them. My Fusion can't go around a corner but it's reasonably quick in a straight line and it's just a nice car to cruise around in (NVH, ride, ergonomics, etc are great). Great daily driver.

·
Premium Member
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've posted this before but long story short I didn't like any other options - Audi, BMW, VW, Lexus, Infiniti, Chrysler, none of them. My Fusion can't go around a corner but it's reasonably quick in a straight line and it's just a nice car to cruise around in (NVH, ride, ergonomics, etc are great). Great daily driver.
Awesome! Did you end up buying her new?

·
Registered
127 Posts
Had this car really been $40K I would not have purchased it. I bought mine new for 31K out the door March of this year.

·
Premium Member
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Had this car really been $40K I would not have purchased it. I bought mine new for 31K out the door March of this year.
Yeah, even at 31k this car is a deal.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Had a 2015 fusion with the 1.5 motor. I really liked the car overall except for the lackluster power. I was reading about the Fusion online one day and discovered, to my great surprise, there was a version with the 2.7 and a quick search showed there were still a few available around town. Went in to check it out and bought it the next day.

For me, it was basically a better version of the 2015 I had in every way (except fuel efficiency, but you dont get something for nothing). I've always enjoyed sleepers, and this car pretty perfectly fit into that low-key profile.

·
Premium Member
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Had a 2015 fusion with the 1.5 motor. I really liked the car overall except for the lackluster power. I was reading about the Fusion online one day and discovered, to my great surprise, there was a version with the 2.7 and a quick search showed there were still a few available around town. Went in to check it out and bought it the next day.

For me, it was basically a better version of the 2015 I had in every way (except fuel efficiency, but you dont get something for nothing). I've always enjoyed sleepers, and this car pretty perfectly fit into that low-key profile.
Fuel economy has been my only real challenge thus far. I knew it'd be rough, but not this rough.😂 I need to drive more like grandma tho.

·
Premium Member
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
A fast 4 wheels drive car, v6 turbo with good confort at less than $40k did not exist in 2017, apart the FFS. The Kia Stinger came later and I doubt that the confort is the same even if the price is higher.
Replacement when needed will be very difficult as sedan are disappearing.
I hope America gets over this obsession with cheap CUVs as soon as possible. At least the Fusion will hopefully be brought back as a station wagon, which would be... Acceptable.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I had a full existential crisis choosing between the FFS and my beloved Honda’s. Still I went with the FFS because of the reasons outlined here: New Owner from Central FL

·
Registered
335 Posts
I drive and entertain a lot for my profession and need a somewhat economical, minimum four seat vehicle. I also personally require an enjoyable driving experience but I can go either sporty or comfortable, either/or and be happy. I had driven multiple Crown Victorias between 1985 and 2009 with one 1991 Thunderbird 3.8l SuperCoupe thrown in. While the SC was the closest thing to an ideal car for my tastes, the two-door body was a problem. On the goading of my dealer I bought a 2010 3.5l Fusion Sport fwd and threw the entire Steeda catalog at it. SCT tuned. Put 185k on it and it finally just...collapsed! My dealer was pushing me on an SHO but after decades of Crown Vic’s, the Taurus exterior was just too big for how tight the inside was for me to be satisfied. I had grown accustomed to the interior and the benefit of the smaller footprint of the Fusion platform and I couldn’t see the point of a Taurus-sized car that seemed to me to be just a cramped inside. When I heard about the 2017 coming with the 2.7l Ecoboost I was eager to pursue it, thinking this would finally be the four-door SuperCoupe I’d been hoping for. Power, comfort, style, economy, all-weather capability and safety. All boxes checked, thank you Henry! I ordered mine new, sight unseen. I have not been disappointed one iota (aside from the engine imploding at 17k but Ford, and especially my dealer, made that right by me). So except for the minor complaints that I attribute to every Ford I’ve ever owned since the 90’s - ridiculously loud HVAC systems, pathetic carpeting and seat bolster materials, cheap looking plastic trim inside & out, and most frustrating of all; the once indestructible Ford paint is so soft these days you can marr it with a hard glance. I’ve said it before, I’m keeping this car until it rusts away to dust!

·
Premium Member
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I drive and entertain a lot for my profession and need a somewhat economical, minimum four seat vehicle. I also personally require an enjoyable driving experience but I can go either sporty or comfortable, either/or and be happy. I had driven multiple Crown Victorias between 1985 and 2009 with one 1991 Thunderbird 3.8l SuperCoupe thrown in. While the SC was the closest thing to an ideal car for my tastes, the two-door body was a problem. On the goading of my dealer I bought a 2010 3.5l Fusion Sport fwd and threw the entire Steeda catalog at it. SCT tuned. Put 185k on it and it finally just...collapsed! My dealer was pushing me on an SHO but after decades of Crown Vic’s, the Taurus exterior was just too big for how tight the inside was for me to be satisfied. I had grown accustomed to the interior and the benefit of the smaller footprint of the Fusion platform and I couldn’t see the point of a Taurus-sized car that seemed to me to be just a cramped inside. When I heard about the 2017 coming with the 2.7l Ecoboost I was eager to pursue it, thinking this would finally be the four-door SuperCoupe I’d been hoping for. Power, comfort, style, economy, all-weather capability and safety. All boxes checked, thank you Henry! I ordered mine new, sight unseen. I have not been disappointed one iota (aside from the engine imploding at 17k but Ford, and especially my dealer, made that right by me). So except for the minor complaints that I attribute to every Ford I’ve ever owned since the 90’s - ridiculously loud HVAC systems, pathetic carpeting and seat bolster materials, cheap looking plastic trim inside & out, and most frustrating of all; the once indestructible Ford paint is so soft these days you can marr it with a hard glance. I’ve said it before, I’m keeping this car until it rusts away to dust!
Thank you! Just what I was looking for!

·
Premium Member
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I had a full existential crisis choosing between the FFS and my beloved Honda’s. Still I went with the FFS because of the reasons outlined here: New Owner from Central FL
Yeah, the fusion def won out in that comparison! My girlfriend is stuck between a FFS and Accord Sport. She really isn't a fan of the rear end of the Fusion compared to the Accord, but loves the car otherwise.

But honestly, living in Utah, any car without AWD or 4WD quickly becomes impractical during our winter inclement weather.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Started off looking at SHOs, then decided I was unwilling to spend that much. Found out about the newer Sports and compared those with some other cars. STIs sold at MSRP; Civic Type Rs were selling at $5 over MSRP. Looked at a Stinger GT2, but I didn't even test drive it, I couldn't bring myself to buying it despite the numbers.

So between the STI, Type R, and Fusion Sport, I decided on value alone. The Sport was $34,500 taxes, tags, etc. The other two were going to be $40k (STI) and $45k (Type R). The Sport was faster than STI and same 1/4 as the R, at $5-10k less. To top it off the dealership gave me $8k for my old Fusion (2012 SE). Sold! More HP and torque, sleeper car, and much cheaper.

·
Premium Member
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Started off looking at SHOs, then decided I was unwilling to spend that much. Found out about the newer Sports and compared those with some other cars. STIs sold at MSRP; Civic Type Rs were selling at $5 over MSRP. Looked at a Stinger GT2, but I didn't even test drive it, I couldn't bring myself to buying it despite the numbers.

So between the STI, Type R, and Fusion Sport, I decided on value alone. The Sport was $34,500 taxes, tags, etc. The other two were going to be $40k (STI) and $45k (Type R). The Sport was faster than STI and same 1/4 as the R, at $5-10k less. To top it off the dealership gave me $8k for my old Fusion (2012 SE). Sold! More HP and torque, sleeper car, and much cheaper.
Sweet deal! Was that 34,500 new?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Yeah, the fusion def won out in that comparison! My girlfriend is stuck between a FFS and Accord Sport. She really isn't a fan of the rear end of the Fusion compared to the Accord, but loves the car otherwise.

But honestly, living in Utah, any car without AWD or 4WD quickly becomes impractical during our winter inclement weather.
I’m loving the AWD in rainy Florida. < 6 seconds to 60 in the pouring rain versus people who don’t think AWD is necessary in the South is fun to watch; especially when the guy next lane thinks it’s “just a Fusion.”

·
Registered
307 Posts
In 17 was looking for a 4 door, AWD, V6, one year old. Really was only the charger that I knew of the time that fit the bill. Test drove it a couple of times but it didn't have a muscle car feel. I'd bought into the marketing of the charger but it didn't materialize behind the wheel. European brands were considered but would be at least 3 years old for similar money. Also no mechanics that specialized in those brands close to either work or home. Spoke to coworkers and the service cost for their Audis and mercs was stupid. The math didn't workout for what I wanted.

The turning point was that my old car was about to die and wasn't safe to drive anymore. On the Tuesday I decided I'd get the charger on the Saturday. Kept searching the net for some super deal (at the time i was trying to see whether i could find a one or two year old SHO heavily discounted) and came across the FFS. Did a test drive on the Friday evening and called the dealer when I got home to secure the deal. Fell in love with the car in the first 100 yards of the test drive, always loved the shape since seeing its launch at the motor show. Sales guy did a deal with 0% finance and with an extra year of repayments, the monthly payments were the same as the second hand charger. BTW, in Canada only th 401a was available. The only option I could chose was 3M covering on the nose - which I later regretted not getting.

Destiny was looking after me with this one. Still loving it as much today. Based on my extensive cross shopping and the items that were and were not important to me, it was the best valued car in its price bracket. R/T, WRX, A4, XE, A63, 320i were all 8-10k more and sometimes for less features. Never regretted it.

Reactions: DarkArkAngel

·
Registered
2017 Fusion Sport Black
26 Posts
Well, I've been a Ford enthusiast for a while... I currently own a 68 Mustand 289 convertible, a 69 F250 with a 360, a 93 Mustang LX Sport 5.0... I had a 07 Focus ST and a 17 Fusion SE 2.0T AWD (until it met a deer about a month ago and was totaled). When I purchased my SE, I was actually looking for a Sport, but none were available near me and I couldn't wait. This time (although I was quite happy with the SE), when we settled with insurance, I decided I'd go for a Sport...I searched far and wide until I purchased a 17 CPO 2 hours away... After my first drive and feeling the pull under acceleration, the sound, the ride--the whole experience really, I couldn't go back for another car--Life is indeed too short to drive boring cars--and the Fusion Sport is definitely not boring. It helped that it was also fully loaded. As I compare it to my other cars, it is truly the safest, best handling, most comfortable and fastest car. I also love its styling--I think it's a great looking and sporty car without looking like a ricer... I really liked the Focus RS, but I've heard bad reviews of how hard it rides, plus, I already have a hard-riding car - my fox body Mustang... So the Fusion Sport is for me the ideal car... it's basically, an RS that doesn't beat you up and doesn't draw too much attention to itself (unless you know your Fusions). I didn't have a chance to take it to the track yet, but I'm looking forward to it. Just today, some guy told me--wow you got a unicorn... that's pretty good for a "regular" family sedan :)
IMG_E3956.png

1 - 20 of 44 Posts