Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys/gals

Not sure if you guys auto x or not but I'm very interested with your experiences. I have done many with my modded mazdaspeed 3 and enjoy it a ton. Just wondering what class you are in and how it did. Obviously she's heavy but my speed wasn't light either.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I like to hear that. I was classed with the miatas and got my butt handed to me. So it was just to see who was faster with the other mazdaspeed buddies I was with.

By the way heres my speed3

Attachments

·
Registered
45 Posts
Thanks Dave!

I think the Fusion did fairly well 10th in my class of 20 cars. The only cars that were stock was the Z06 and ZL1. The Z06 kept clipping off a section so it got the DNF but was on pace for a high 60's time. The Evo was fast and would have been close to my Fusion of I remember right.
Fairly competitive field as all the cars had summer tires or racing tires and mods but it was a ton of fun! I was rocking the stock tired all seasons. I'm sure if I had decent tires I would have been in the top 5.

Video! Of my fastest run
In car
Bumper cam

Solstice- 59.1
Mustang Mach 1- 61.3
Solstice- 61.7
WRX- 63.1
Tesla P90D (test vehicle the organizers were using which wasn't included in the results on the day)- 63.3
GTi- 63.9
Volvo GLT (cage, turbo, etc, etc with a driver that competes at Autox in our local league- 64.1
Mini Cooper (racing tires and competes as well)-64.6
Miata-65.2
Fusion-65.9
Mustang GT-66.4
RX-7. (350cid swap)-68.1
Jetta-68.6
Roadrunner-68.7
Silvia-68.8
RX-7(350cid swap, different driver)-69.8
Camaro ZL1-71.1
Skyline-72
EVO-DNF
Corvette Z06-DNF

92 or 93 cars in the field... Ended up beating a couple Miata's, Subaru wrx's and my buddy's M3!

Talking with the guys in the pits they were all very supposed how well the 4 door sedan with a rear facing car seat did. All I did for prep was inflate the tires a bit, ditch the spare tire, Jack and carpet. I was also using a lot of left foot braking.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
I like road course racing better than any other type. The thing that sucks is its about two hours to get to the closest place that I know of that does autocross. I can however get down by Road America, but they don't have many open track days, and I heard that they were in talks of stopping that, and haven't looked into it since, so I don't know if that will be a possibility even.

Reactions: 1153

·
Registered
45 Posts
Same here!!

I'd love to do an open track day but the nearest track is at least a 5 hour drive.

Doing the autocross was a blast I gotta say! It was kind of funny talking to people before our runs then after.
You can tell the attitude of the guys thinking they didn't have to worry about the slow Fusion but then speaking with them after they were all fairly surprised how well it did (myself included!).

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Same here!!

I'd love to do an open track day but the nearest track is at least a 5 hour drive.

Doing the autocross was a blast I gotta say! It was kind of funny talking to people before our runs then after.
You can tell the attitude of the guys thinking they didn't have to worry about the slow Fusion but then speaking with them after they were all fairly surprised how well it did (myself included!).
Driver makes a big difference. Even if a car "should" be better, if the driver doesn't know what they are doing, they won't win.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
@BlackBetty; I've seen your videos. Kinda why I started this post hoping to get some feed back. I'm mad I didn't get to do any this year. Your courses are way better then what we have here. Our times might hit 40-50 seconds

·
Registered
45 Posts
Thanks wildcat! I agree with ya there, driver makes a big difference, there was a few guys out there that really stood out. It's pretty impressive when guys can make some of the big power cars stick on a tight course.

@BlackBetty; I've seen your videos. Kinda why I started this post hoping to get some feed back. I'm mad I didn't get to do any this year. Your courses are way better then what we have here. Our times might hit 40-50 seconds

Wow small world!

Yeah there's a pretty decent sized autocross community here. It's a bit surprising since most of the car guys are muscle car/drag racing guys. I think it's getting more popular around here though!

I wanted to make it out a couple more times but no such luck. Ended up working every weekend they had an event. I'm not sure how the other courses are to be honest. I assume they would be around the 1min mark since it's the same group that puts it together.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts