Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
988 Posts
Discussion Starter #21 (Edited)
To which I replied; "Wow, sounds like you just pissed away 80K."
He laughed, "yeah, I think you're right!" (BTW...he's kind of a cheapskate)
He was actually pretty cool about it. If I were him, I would've fired a smart-alec like myself....
LMAO you guys must have a good relationship. I might have said something more passively, "I'm sure your interior is a lot nicer than mine..." I bet he went back to his car after work and pulled the same left just to placate his ego/wallet. Sitting passenger also feels different than when you're driver and expecting it.
I talk quite a bit of automotive smack to my boss as well. Well, I used to, anyway. He has a Scat Pack Chally that I always dogged on, trying to get him to line up with me. That is until his car remembered it was a Dodge and did what Dodges do best. After quite a bit of warranty frustrations, the deal bought his car back from him.

Reactions: Blue Fuze

·
Registered
559 Posts
Back in the day we had a local drive-in burger joint that did informal but massively attended cruise-ins every Saturday night - Winks Drive-In in Barberton OH. The protocol was: GM up front facing the road, Ford on the side by the entrance, and Mopar in the back! We Ford guys always said the only person stupider than a Ford owner was a Mopar man. Haha! I had a bumper sticker on my ‘69 428SCJ Mustang that read “My Cobra eats Elephants and sh*ts Rats”! That was a real conversation starter! LOL!!

Reactions: Blue Fuze

·
Registered
387 Posts
Actually I have a clip of BOTROCKET after the race.
tenor (4).gif

·
Registered
58 Posts
I talk quite a bit of automotive smack to my boss as well. Well, I used to, anyway. He has a Scat Pack Chally that I always dogged on, trying to get him to line up with me. That is until his car remembered it was a Dodge and did what Dodges do best. After quite a bit of warranty frustrations, the deal bought his car back from him.
This I can see. I have two coworkers with Camaros, one a 13 zl1 and the other a 10 ss heavily modded to 700+ hps. I can beat them to 30 and around 40 45 they both get me, but offline a RWD car cant touch us. I beet the modded Camaro badly in the rain all the way up to 80. Im sure he was scared to give it his all, but that counts too.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Me too, but I also dont have any delusion our cars are anywhere near that class of car. Its somewhat quick for a 4 door dad car.....There is a reason why an RS7 is 80k. An RS7 is in 911 territory performance wise. Esp if there are corners.

I feel like our cars in tight handling can outperform the S7/RS7 if we've got all the suspension fixings. Audi has the traditional nose-heaviness, as well as that car is also just plain heavy. We did kill one at the last autocross due to the mentioned factors. In a straight line, I don't even want to know where he'd be in a real race...those cars are super gangster, and I'd have one instantly.

For Audi's, I had to do so much to my S4 to even make it handle as well as our Sport with just sways and tower brace. The supercharger on-demand predictability was the only favorable part. FFS for the value win over nearly everything out there. Good times with the RS7 sightings guys!

21 - 25 of 25 Posts