Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I got off the phone with Tom from the product inquiry line at Ford Performance. There are already tons of tunes available for every other Ecoboost engine besides ours. I called him and simply expressed how I was interested in a performance pack or even just a Pro Cal Ford tune and am certain that several other people are interested as well.
He seemed genuinely excited to help out and explained how they have a management meeting specifically for new Ford tuning inquiries and a good way to get it recognized and approved is by having 500-1000 people interested.

Below are a few links to examples that are offered on other ford vehicles that net a ford claimed up to 100hp gain that does not void the warranty!

https://performanceparts.ford.com/part/M-9603-M4

https://performanceparts.ford.com/part/M-14204-FST

Lets see what sort of interest we can get on this and then myself or one of our ambassadors can email him with the numbers.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Depending on results of what they can do and price, I would be interested, but you are not going to get 500-1000 people from here.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I would be interested, I could justify payimg more than the alternatives since it would retain factory warranty.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I'm interested depending on price and performance level(s) offered.

·
Registered
868 Posts
Yep. There is my tune right there! Count me in. Though I doubt that Ford has even sold 500 sports across the US so far! I dunno, I could be wrong?

·
Registered
37 Posts
I would also be interested. Also would Canadian Sports be covered by the same warranty.
In my experience I am going to say no. Ford Canada and Ford USA are to separate companies. But will hope for the best.

·
Registered
96 Posts
That's exactly what I would want and would pay a premium keeping the warranty.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Hells yea I am in!

·
Registered
402 Posts
I have some reservation about paying Ford for a tune out of principle. I equate it to my cell phone. If the original software was slowing down my phone and android released an update to make it faster, they wouldn't charge me for it.

I wouldn't think that much additional R&D would be required for Ford for a performance tune. They probably already ran the numbers when deciding on the current tune.

If anything, it should have been an option at purchasing. Like Ludicrous mode.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
I tried to look up reviews on Ford tune compared to other tunes on the ecoboost mustang, but i couldn't find much. I'd be afraid that the tune would be too conservative for me and end up like a Roush tune that includes a warranty.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
I tried to look up reviews on Ford tune compared to other tunes on the ecoboost mustang, but i couldn't find much. I'd be afraid that the tune would be too conservative for me and end up like a Roush tune that includes a warranty.
My buddies ST tune wasn't great at all. I'll pass

1 - 20 of 82 Posts