Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
I am surprised you are still using the original timing chains and water pump. And trans fluid replacement?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Yes- original timing chain and water pump. no leaks either. i (had the Ford dealer do it) replaced the tranny fluid every 60k- i think that is why the tranny is still in such good shape.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
This is the 3.5L right? Must be lucky to not have to touch the chains or pump!

·
Registered
5 Posts
ha yeah. the 3.5. Do you want photos?;) i guess Im lucky...car has never let me down. Although other than an older post i saw on here, ive never heard anything bad about the 3.5...its been so good i bought my wife an Explorer Sport with the same basic drivetrain. im sure i wont be as lucky with that one, but we will see. sorry to hijack the thread with 3.5 talk. Ive been on this forum for 4 yrs and looking forward to seeing how reliable the 2.7 shows to be

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
This is the 3.5L right? Must be lucky to not have to touch the chains or pump!
Drain & refill the coolant every so often and it'll be fine. People leave the factory coolant for 100k miles, which turns acidic, and eats the seals.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Drain & refill the coolant every so often and it'll be fine. People leave the factory coolant for 100k miles, which turns acidic, and eats the seals.
My girlfriend's 2003 Grand Am finally needed a water pump replacement at 205k miles. She never had the coolant replaced.

Police Interceptors have to replace water pumps at 50k miles or so.i doubt their coolant turned acidic.

So far the only times I have heard of water pump failures on the 3.5 have been fairly young pumps and not necessarily high mileage.

·
Premium Member
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
that is like 32k miles a year, holy driving lol

·
Premium Member
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
That is some driving Shawnski , do you uber lol

21 - 34 of 34 Posts