Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At 3k...time to change...let me know..thanks!

·
Registered
55 Posts
I'm using Royal Purple. DaveE, Pennzoil Platinum is what I'm running in the wife's Grand Cherokee. I was kinda surprised the owners manual called for Pennzoil in the Jeep.

·
Registered
296 Posts
I'm going with the Mobil 1 on this change. The first I got through Ford since it was free.

Reactions: 1153

·
Registered
75 Posts
why don't you actually put a true synthetic Class IV (PAO) oil in for a few $$$ more, only a few manufacturers out there (German Mobil 1, Amsoil, Redline etc.). Stop putting hydro cracked dyno oil that they call synthetic in your car.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
whats with all these free ford oil changes! my dealer didn't offer me that!

How do you guys feel about Castrol?

I don't have time to do it myself anymore between work and kids.

·
Registered
75 Posts
If you’re a preferred dealer you get wholesale, 35% off. If you get the gallon jugs ($34 *.75 = $25.50). Yes, it more, but them you’re actually getting a true synthetic and better protection and longer change cycles. You might even get better fuel consumption. My way of thinking about this is not to spend more but to spend smarter.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Not going to explain it fully since a quick search will get you the info

Group IV has much broader temperature range and are great for use in extreme cold conditions and high heat applications.
Video

http://bestsyntheticoilguide.com/best-synthetic-oil/

This is a good read but I would make note that the top five list is misleading as Royal Purple has changed their formula and is not a group IV anymore, and only the European blends of Mobil1 are also Group IV so be careful where it's made as the north America ones are dino blended.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts