Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I almost bought a 2017 RS before I was told FuSport is available in that dealership. So which one is more rare in US?

·
Registered
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
281 Posts
I did a very unscientific test to see how many of the two were available 100 miles or closer from my location , Arlington Texas, which is right in the middle of the massive Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex. I used Cars.com for the search.
Fusion Sport= 2 available , both with over 87K miles and prices around $20K.Both were '17's.
Focus RS=4 available ,with mileage ranging from 21K to 67K-prices $31K to $39K. All 4 were '16's.
Deduce what you want.

·
Registered
261 Posts
I did a very unscientific test to see how many of the two were available 100 miles or closer from my location , Arlington Texas, which is right in the middle of the massive Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex. I used Cars.com for the search.
Fusion Sport= 2 available , both with over 87K miles and prices around $20K.Both were '17's.
Focus RS=4 available ,with mileage ranging from 21K to 67K-prices $31K to $39K. All 4 were '16's.
Deduce what you want.
Looks like the RS holds its value, although $31 to 39k is a rip. I do not believe any of those 4 16's has awd which makes them much less desirable in my opinion. I think the awd came out on the 17 models.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Looks like the RS holds its value, although $31 to 39k is a rip. I do not believe any of those 4 16's has awd which makes them much less desirable in my opinion. I think the awd came out on the 17 models.
No, every RS had AWD. It's the ST (and SVT before it) that was FWD.

·
Registered
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
281 Posts

·
Registered
971 Posts
I,ve got three other Sports with in five minutes of me and have yet to see a R/S anywhere around here.

·
Registered
971 Posts
I know they added the torque vectoring RDU from the MKZ, which is just a fancy term for limited slip I guess. They only made them from 16 to 18, they were expensive which I think was a factor in there bad sales. That and there again, bad marketing on Ford's part like they did with the Sport. I think the only people that really knew it exsisted were the ST people because they saw it as a major upgrade of the ST, but with a high price tag. Hell, guy that use to work off our license bought one that was killed for another shop to rebuild. I think he said he ended up paying about 8500 for it, but it needed 10 to 12 grand in parts. It only had a couple thousand miles on it, so it was pretty much brand new.

·
Registered
800 Posts
I know they added the torque vectoring RDU from the MKZ, which is just a fancy term for limited slip I guess. They only made them from 16 to 18, they were expensive which I think was a factor in there bad sales. That and there again, bad marketing on Ford's part like they did with the Sport. I think the only people that really knew it exsisted were the ST people because they saw it as a major upgrade of the ST, but with a high price tag. Hell, guy that use to work off our license bought one that was killed for another shop to rebuild. I think he said he ended up paying about 8500 for it, but it needed 10 to 12 grand in parts. It only had a couple thousand miles on it, so it was pretty much brand new.
Hi Skipe. Just concerning the statement that "...they added the torque vectoring RDU from the MKZ, which is just a fancy term for limited slip I guess.": The torque vectoring system is far more than a limited slip differential.

For example: Among other benefits...in turns, the torque vectoring system will send additional torque/power to the outside rear wheel in turns, in order to aid in turn in. And this torque/vectoring power distribution will vary according to what the system feels is necessary. So it will route torque from front to rear and vice/versa, and side to side in the rear at low and high speeds. A limited slip differential has no capability to do that.
That is only a very basic explanation.

Those interested can find a lot more information here: Lincoln torque vectoring system - Google Search

And here: Lincoln torque vectoring system - Google Search

Good luck

·
Registered
971 Posts
Thanks for the info, always good to have someone in the know.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts