Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

Which tires would you get

21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
Make sure to check date codes on the tire. Just to make sure they are not selling you a 5 year old tire.
DWS06 Plus is brand new for this year. The DWS06 are being sold at similar prices, I think it is to help clear them out or to have people just buy the new DWS06 Plus.

The only difference I can see between them is they inverted the sipes for one channel, probably for noise reduction. One caveat is on my SHO with the factory 255/40R19 Badyear RS-As, the 275/40R19 DWS06 was slightly noisier. Nothing as bad as the BFG Comp summer tires I ran on the Mustang recently, whoah boy they sounded like swampers.

There is supposed to be a rebate campaign in June and November of this year for the DWS06 Plus.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
DWS06 Plus is brand new for this year. The DWS06 are being sold at similar prices, I think it is to help clear them out or to have people just buy the new DWS06 Plus.

The only difference I can see between them is they inverted the sipes for one channel, probably for noise reduction. One caveat is on my SHO with the factory 255/40R19 Badyear RS-As, the 275/40R19 DWS06 was slightly noisier. Nothing as bad as the BFG Comp summer tires I ran on the Mustang recently, whoah boy they sounded like swampers.

There is supposed to be a rebate campaign in June and November of this year for the DWS06 Plus.
Damn, I wish I could hold off till the rebate kicks in. But there's no way I can wait that long.

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
Damn, I wish I could hold off till the rebate kicks in. But there's no way I can wait that long.
I wouldn’t fret too much. Usually those rebates are like $50 to $100 off total for a $900 to $1000 purchase. I’m at 3/32 tread depth on my factory tires are 18k miles. I plan to run them as is if not bald by the end of the year and then just get new tires maybe next year.

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
I only care about durability of the tires at this point. The best gripping tires are worthless if they pop like bubble wrap.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Wow I think I'll try these when I need tires
RADAR DIMAX AS-8245/45R19 102W XL
(more sizes)

Touring All Season
Product Code : DSC0269
$133.00 ea.
SALE!$119.00ea.
I don’t know...how are you going to fit those 8,245mm wide tires in the wheel wells?

Reactions: maydk65

·
Registered
580 Posts
:ROFLMAO: Check your post. 8245mm.:LOL: He yanking your chain. Type-o's are hell. HA!

·
Premium Member
1,012 Posts
245/45x19 won't fit?
It'll fit, but it's over an inch taller so your speedo will be off. Mine were 255x35-19 which is pretty damn close to the same diameter.

·
Registered
47 Posts
The other thing to consider is whether the tires are normally in stock; otherwise you may have a long wait on a special order replacement in case of unrepairable damage.

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
One of my co-workers bought spare tires for her Volt because of that issue from popping due to potholes. She'd just take the new tire to the shop to have them swap it out instead of waiting. Pretty smart but I don't like storing tires as they do have a shelf life.

·
Premium Member
1,012 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,012 Posts
No thanks. Had bad luck with china tires.
Totally understandable, which is why I research the hell out of all my tires, regardless of the name on the sidewall, since a lot of tire manufacturers make tires in China. Did you know Pirelli is owned by ChemChina?

I had the Radar Dimax R8+ and was perfectly happy with them. Radar isn't a big name by any means, but as far as I can tell, they are decent quality. Given their interest in desert racing, I wouldn't hesitate to try their off-road or all terrain tires.

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
Totally understandable, which is why I research the hell out of all my tires, regardless of the name on the sidewall, since a lot of tire manufacturers make tires in China. Did you know Pirelli is owned by ChemChina?

I had the Radar Dimax R8+ and was perfectly happy with them. Radar isn't a big name by any means, but as far as I can tell, they are decent quality. Given their interest in desert racing, I wouldn't hesitate to try their off-road or all terrain tires.
The other issue is you get what you pay for. Combine cheap AND chinese, no thanks.
One or the other is bad enough.

·
Premium Member
1,012 Posts
The other issue is you get what you pay for. Combine cheap AND chinese, no thanks.
One or the other is bad enough.
Sometimes that's true. I've found more often than not, though, if you're willing to put in the time to do your own research, you can get a lot more than what you pay for. The big name tire companies put a lot of time and resources into making a large variety of constantly evolving tires. You pay for quality, innovation, and marketing. Some companies make quality products, but don't put a ton of money into marketing or r&d to make minor improvements on an already good product. If we want to save a few bucks, it's up to us to figure out where the "cheap" tires had their cost cut. Not all of them had it cut from quality.

21 - 40 of 42 Posts