Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2017 Fusion Sport is currently stock. Based on reading many posts, it seems like a Tune has the most value in terms of noticeable performance improvement per dollar. I will not be going to the track, only wanting to improve everyday drive-ability as much as possible. I am looking to make my first modification soon. Thoughts on what I should do first?

·
Registered
624 Posts
You are correct. Tune will be far and away your best bang for the buck. It's also the simplest. My tune improves just about every facet of the car outside of handling. Acceleration, shift logic(and consistency) and even gas mileage. I drive my sport as my daily driver, no track time to date(14,000 miles/11,000 tuned) Much quicker and fun. I know everyone says 1/4 mile is the bar for performance, but since I'm not dragging the car 0-60 is more useful to me. Fun at stoplight, freeway on-ramps etc. Tune will take over a half second off your current 0-60. Bang for buck in my book.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Drive it a little while, so you get a feel for how it accelerates and shifts in stock form. Then get a tune for it, and you'll see why everyone that's replied so far says a tune is at the top of the list! The change is incredible, especially when you're getting on it, like merging onto the freeway, passing someone, etc. Definitely the most bang for the buck out there. I got the Unleashed 93 octane tune, and couldn't be happier. If an Atari guy like me can do it, ANYONE can do it!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the feedback everyone. Appreciate it! Now to figure out which tune. Unleashed seems pretty popular, but Livernois offers an 87 tune in addition to the 93 tune, just in case someone wants to keep the gas bill a little lower :). I will have to read up on those two. Thanks again!

·
Registered
96 Posts
Unleashed has an 87 tune. I got the 93 and the 87 from unleashed. Also Torrie is awesome to work with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: lightningken

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Thanks for the feedback everyone. Appreciate it! Now to figure out which tune. Unleashed seems pretty popular, but Livernois offers an 87 tune in addition to the 93 tune, just in case someone wants to keep the gas bill a little lower :). I will have to read up on those two. Thanks again!
unleashed will give you a tune for any octane you want.

·
Registered
296 Posts
The tune was a big decision for me. I was worried about doing harm to the car. After and after having the pleasure of dealing with a guy like Torrie I am completely happy I went the route I did. He's not a bigger talker but he he's fast confident and that's what matters.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Anyone know if a tune negatively impacts emissions? Meaning if someone goes for a yearly emissions test running a tune, will there be an issue passing?

·
Registered
740 Posts
Generally no but since they plug into the OBD II port you should return to stock when you go in for an inspection.

·
Registered
624 Posts
Also just to note, unleashed can make you a gas mileage specific tune as well, in any octane. I will probably get one for next winter. (I do not know yet how effective it is) Admittedly you do have to pay for additional tunes but it's nice to have the flexibility that they offer. (depending on what they are offering at the time, you will get 1-3 tunes included with your device).

I think Livernois includes a performance tune in any octane you want with their initial price. Equipment is different and limited, and they may not be as flexible in regards to custom tunes.

It all depends on what you want out of your tuner and tuning equipment. Both have a good track record and both have a bunch of happy customers on this forum.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Yeah, I have Livernois Stage 3 tunes 87, 91, and 93. I used this same tuner on my 15 Explorer Sport which also had a towing tune, besides the other tunes. They don't charge extra for tunes and will move the tuner over to another ecoboost/ compatible car for free if you switch rides like I did. Just had to pay shipping to get the tuner there and back.

Reactions: mantra1
1 - 13 of 13 Posts