Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

which is better throttle body to buy

4K views 19 replies 8 participants last post by  2018SLOWSPORT 
#1 ·
throttle body to buy =tracy lewis or cordovamotor sport. im not buying bbk.any info on this is helpful

#3 ·
I got my final one from MAXBORE. I sent my stock one and had it bored out and half shafted for under $200.

#5 ·
It's the biggest you can go, half shaft option and under $200. Best deal as far as I'm concerned.

#8 ·
Hey @metroplex. I appreciate your feedback on these topics. I've been reading and researching about TB upgrades and I have to wonder if air density also plays a role. I live in Colorado over a mile above sea level and most of the time we're much more concerned about just getting as much air into the engine as possible since the air density is so much lower to start with.

I've pretty much given up on any non-turbo engines here as they just can't breath (like my 2010 Sport). So any mod that can potentially provide more air would be a plus up here.

Vidmo

#7 ·
I have OEM and a Cordova TB I will be selling on here. I will post it on here in a few hours.

#9 ·
The throttle body won't solve your problem with air density. If the TB was a restriction, and that is a big hypothetical if, then it'd create a pressure drop that would require the turbos to work a tiny bit harder to meet the required torque and boost.

We drove through CO in the girlfriend's Malibu 2.0 GTDI that makes almost 300 hp with my tune, but at something like 10k-12k ASL she noticed it had almost no power even at WOT at that altitude.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.