Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone explore running wheel spacers? I feel it would improve the "stance" of our cars quite a bit. Do we have lug nuts or lug bolts though? If lug nuts, I guess we are kinda screwed.

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Ah. So we do have bolts attached to the hubs? And nuts that tighten the wheels on?

Yeah, 5mm isn't enough to make it worth it...

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
****. That is a spendy way to do it, but I guess it is our only choice.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Won't spacers for the Focus ST work? Be aware if the thread engagement on all wheel studs to the lug nut, or lug bolt to wheel hubs, must be equivalent to or greater than the diameter of the
stud.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Not familiar with what this looks like or accomplishes. Can someone elaborate and/or post a pic?

·
Registered
188 Posts
I've ran wheel spacers on multiple vehicles before, the last set I was running 25mm on the rear and 20mm on the fronts. Hubcentric kit from H&R with extended studs already pressed in. Beautiful pieces and never gave me troubles.

Under 8mm you'll be okay to run without extended studs.

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ive ran 20mm spacers from eBay on my Audi with no issues. They required extended stud bolts.

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
And also curious why the focus St ones wouldn't work? Maybe different load ratings?

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
If your using the studded spacers the studs/threads are going to different. I believe STs are m12 FuSpo is M14

Reactions: 1153

·
Registered
80 Posts
Just to add to this thread, a lot of tire shops won't even touch a car with spacers. I am considering a 19X8.5 wheel with a 45mm offset and move on to a 245/40/19 Mich PSS. How do you think this would work. I am considering these wheels when I get my Sport.

Advanti DST HY Hybris

They only weigh 20lbs. and they are flowformed, not typical gravity cast. Any thoughts?? Can't post pic as my post count is to low...sorry.

Dave

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I haven't had issues with either of the major tire shops here (Les Schwab or Discount Tire). They have mentioned that wheels could be harder to balance.

On another note, I highly recommend the Pilot Super Sports. Greatest tire I have ever driven on.

On another note, someone on 2gf ordered these and just got them. He was told they would work. No results or pics yet.

4pc 25mm (1") Hubcentric 5x108 to 5x108 Wheel Spacers - 63.4 Bore - 12x1.5 Studs | eBay

·
Registered
80 Posts
I haven't had issues with either of the major tire shops here (Les Schwab or Discount Tire). They have mentioned that wheels could be harder to balance.

On another note, I highly recommend the Pilot Super Sports. Greatest tire I have ever driven on.

On another note, someone on 2gf ordered these and just got them. He was told they would work. No results or pics yet.

4pc 25mm (1") Hubcentric 5x108 to 5x108 Wheel Spacers - 63.4 Bore - 12x1.5 Studs | eBay
Thats a big spacer, I wouldn't go that big. I have Mich PSS on my 2013 BMW M3, great tires. They are 275/30/19 and 295/30/19.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thats a big spacer, I wouldn't go that big.
-Yeah, looking for 20mm in the end....

Just be aware you're going to need different Lugs M12 for those, I've mentioned before but I'd hate to have someone try and use the Sports recommended lug specs on those
-Yeah, I'm going to let the 2gf guy install them and see how it goes for him first.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Anyone know if Garageline is moving forward with spacers for the Sport? I know the m14 threads are the stumbling block

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Anyone know if Garageline is moving forward with spacers for the Sport? I know the m14 threads are the stumbling block
Polar over on 2GF said after speaking with Garageline, they said they were working on them. That was a week and a half ago...

·
Registered
263 Posts
Polar over on 2GF said after speaking with Garageline, they said they were working on them. That was a week and a half ago...
Thanks Ike. I think I will drop Garageline another email just to keep the pressure on them. The only difference between our hubs and the Focus St is going from 12m to 14m studs. It shouldn't be that hard of change.

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Yeah it can't hurt!

Also, polar just posted pics on 2gf. Looks great but turns out he does not have a sport. He posted in the wrong thread...

1 - 20 of 39 Posts