Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a recall that address paint chipping in the wheels?

It seems like the inside crevice is starting to peel. You can tell it's not from a a rock or anything but it's because the paint quality was subpar.

I remember this issue happening with 2014's that had the black wheels so wondering if there's something out similar for. Hoping I can get this fixed under a recall.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Hi JAVA09. What model year is your Fusion Sport? Still within the 3 year/36,000 mile New Car Bumper to Bumper Warranty? If yes, then the wheel should be replaced under warranty, as long as there is no obvious impact damage etc. (which there does not appear to be).

"Recalls" are for safety issues. Automakers do not perform "recalls" for paint chipping on wheels. There could be a TSB or Service Message out for paint problems/defective wheels. the best way to find that out would be to contact the Service Department at your Dealership. Keep in mind that these types of TSB's (for cosmetic issues) normally apply to vehicles still within the New Car Warranty period.

Keep us updated and good luck.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Unfortunately the 3 years were up in March 🙁 it only had 30k miles on it too smh the dealer didn't seem like they wanted to go me out. I was thinking maybe giving some Corona sob story lmao

·
Registered
380 Posts
Unfortunately the 3 years were up in March 🙁 it only had 30k miles on it too smh the dealer didn't seem like they wanted to go me out. I was thinking maybe giving some Corona sob story lmao
Hi JAVA09. Well, it never hurts to try.

Had you ever brought it to their attention before, or is this something you just noticed?

Good luck.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Just noticed it :/
Hi JAVA09. Well, again...it never hurts to try. Bring it to the attention of your Dealer's Service Department and see if you can plead Covid, closed Dealership, limited service appointments, etc.

Keep us updated and good luck.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts