Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Curious to see what strategies are out there. The wife's FS seems to be the first to be tuned (via SCT) with that strategy, There were problems!!!
My strategy is NGXH0P5 build 9/20/16
Wife's strategy is NGXH1PT build 4/10/17

The first tune (6/25/17) resulted in a No start, multiple error disaster! It would not return to stock and had to be recovered by SCT. Luckily we have ol' Betty out in the driveway so I let her use my car while I drove Betty to work....with no A/C....in Texas :-(

After all was said & done we bricked the car twice, had to have a few recoveries from SCT & the X4 has a flash count of 17! Torrie worked diligently with SCT on getting this resolved. He said there were likely errors in the strategy template from SCT which no one will know about until they try to tune it. We ended up tuning it in stages where in each stage he modified different parameters. Once we got to the 7th revision we bricked it for the 2nd time. I made sure to only try these tunes during the week so SCT could rescue me if needed. Got the car recovered the same day and Torrie got to working on fixing all the errors. He sent a revised tune and she started up with no problems. As that was the last stage he was then able to send a finalized tune and it is awesome!! I have some serious competition now.

I know this might freak some people out who have yet to tune their car. My car tuned perfectly the first time. My advice: Check to see if your strategy has been successfully tuned already. And with this post, hopefully we can get replies from others who have successfully tuned their car...

Just noticed my keyboard didn't pick up the r at the end of Your in the title & strategy is misspelled. I can spell I promise!!

·
Registered
552 Posts
Mine is also NGXHOP5 also. Built September 2016. VERY successful 93 unleashed tune. No problems or glitches at all.

·
Registered
624 Posts
Never bricked my car. I have it tuned through Torrie at Unleashed with the nGauge. Been tuned since early October. At that time SCT was not an option as they had yet to get on-board. I did throw a code on the very first revision. It wasn't very significant and I don't even remember exactly what it was at this point but Torrie had it fixed within hours. This was one of the very first tunes done on the Sport. Since then loaded three revisions all without a hiccup, all plug n play, no data logging required.

·
Super Moderator
1,307 Posts
Mine is also NCXH0P5 built November 2016, Have loaded, reverted and reloaded Torrie's 93 Tune without issue.

·
Registered
320 Posts
NGXH0PT here with a Livernois 91 tune. Car was built in July 16. No issues with loading or running the tune.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Mine is the same as Kaylee's NGXHOPT.H32 It was built on 9/08/16 with Unleashed 93 tune. No issues with loading or running the tune except the 2/3 trans slow shift. Torrie sent me the tune to fix that but I haven't used it yet.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts