Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
756 Posts
My son picked up a used 2018 with 42k. I dropped the under engine cover and checked it front to back, it was as dry as a bone under there. He’s put 2400 miles on it and no leaks. My car has no leaks whatsoever except the transmission, which leaks like a sieve from between the two casting halves. Sometimes I swear I’ve got a fuel leak, the way the gauge fluctuates so wildly. But, as I always say, “your experience may vary”!

·
Premium Member
1,033 Posts

·
Premium Member
2017 Fusion Sport, 401A, Driver Assistance Package, 33k miles; 1999 Expedition 5.4 4x4
336 Posts
I feel like there may be some recognition of a theme, here. Lol
Nah, Metro has some incredible info available and seriously knows alot of stuff about this platform. He is an invaluable source of knowledge. His slightly irrational hate of the FuSpo notwithstanding. 😂

·
Premium Member
982 Posts
My sport is an 18 but I bought it in 19 how do you tell how long the dealer had it ?

Reactions: DarkArkAngel

·
Super Moderator
1,586 Posts
Easiest way is to check the Carfax / AutoCheck reports.

If you bought it new, you can check your built date (or at least moth/week on the door sticker) and add 1-3 weeks for shipping depending on your location.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Reactions: DarkArkAngel

·
Registered
756 Posts
Unless Ford logistics delivers it to the wrong dealership 440 miles away and that dealership refuses to give it back until your salesman threatens to get in a van with six of the biggest guys in the service department and come take it. Happened to my car!

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Unless Ford logistics delivers it to the wrong dealership 440 miles away and that dealership refuses to give it back until your salesman threatens to get in a van with six of the biggest guys in the service department and come take it. Happened to my car!
See they knew early on that yours was The Golden Car @Shawnski , that's why. ;) They knew it would make it to some sky-high mileage with a strong tune on it and be a total beast, so they didn't want to give it up. :cool:

·
Registered
756 Posts
Haha! Yeah! That’s the ticket! Me and my wife, Morgan Fairchild, were pretty upset!

·
Registered
19 Ford Fusion Sport
203 Posts
Some of those sports sat on lots for well over a year, unsold.
My 19 was 10 months old when I bought it. People just didn't know about them. And if actively looking for a Fusion, were probably looking for something cheaper with better mpg.

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
My 19 was 10 months old when I bought it. People just didn't know about them. And if actively looking for a Fusion, were probably looking for something cheaper with better mpg.
Yeah I agree @BlueDust ! When I bought my first Fusion, I didn't get a Sport because I didn't even know about them. It wasn't until after I bought it that I found out about them, so I ended up getting one later. But the salesman should have told me. I just think the marketing on these was almost nonexistent. Most people outside of car enthusiasts still don't know they even exist. Even a lot of car enthusiasts don't know about them.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts