Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
For the most part its between 7500 and 10k. There is also an oil life monitor in the console screen just have to find it. Some people live by that monitor an replace when its down to 10% or so. I personally run Amsoil and replace every 7500 regardless of the oil life monitor.

But as long as the oil is in good condition and you are replacing it at or before 10K I think you will be fine. Ford uses a synthetic blend oil that is good for 7500, not sure what the dealer you go to uses though.

·
Registered
296 Posts
I go every 5000. I don't trust the monitor though. Last oil change I was at like 5500 miles and the monitor said oil life was still at 79%

Reactions: 1153

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Where's this monitor screen? Pardon my ignorance. I've not seen it

·
Registered
296 Posts
It's on the left screen in there somewhere says oil life reset or something. Not sure if it matters but I have a 401a option ?

·
Registered
320 Posts
Under normal conditions its 10K miles, though I would posit that changing it a bit earlier might be advisable if you have a lead foot, live in a climate with both temperature extremes or do lots of city driving and idling.

I am planning on a 7500 mile change and using the Ford full synthetic oil, not the semi synthetic that comes from factory. The full synthetic has a much higher flash point, lower volatility and lower pour point, which I think is useful for these boosted engines.

I ran Amsoil in my Flex (the SSO for 20K miles at a time), but with the current exchange rate, it just isn't worth it for me and this car.

·
Registered
868 Posts
I called my dealer and asked the service adviser when I should come in since I was at 4,9xx and they said, yeah now is good. But the manual said 10k. I got the service plan, so I'm not out of pocket until after 100k, so I'll keep bringing it back every 5k.

·
Super Moderator
1,523 Posts
While Ford recommends between 5,000 and 10,000 miles (our "scheduled service" section just goes by 7500), I too change my oil every 5,000. I just did it last weekend, and the oil was dark black, so I'm definitely sticking to every 5,000 miles.

·
Registered
868 Posts
I'm at 9550 miles after the first dealer change at 5,000 miles and I checked the oil life indicator today and it was at 57%.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Even though I have been laying into the boost a fair bit, mine is still dropping at a rate of 10% per 1000miles on the oil life monitor. Going to change it at 2000 miles and then every 7500 after that, unless I notice either excessive usage or a strong gas smell in it.

·
Registered
177 Posts
These Ford direct injection engines are apparently prone to oil dilution with gasoline. It doesn't seem to have a big effect on engine longevity, but it still makes me think closer to 5k than 10k might be the sweet spot. My oil smells fairly strongly of gas if I do the back roads home from work (about 5 miles of winding roads, 30-80 mph in short burst, then lots of braking.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
the oil life indicator is solely based off of mileage. its programmed for 10K miles. So oil life indicator will always go from 100 to 0 in 10K miles.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Oil life says 83% with only 1300 miles since Oct 29th , does that mean I'm missing a qrt or 2?

From reading i should wait 15 or 30 mins after shutoff to check oil levels?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts