Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
bought the first Fusion Sport in Dallas in June--have 900 miles on it. Rattles, SYNC won't accurately play music from flash drive, so so performance. Ford says they will void my warranty if I put an aftermarket tune in the engine control computer. Car was overpriced--sticker 42K, paid 38K, dealer offered to buy back 3 days ago 31K. Had a 2015 Fusion SE with 2.0 turbo--great car, would go where you pointed it. Took a trip to Yellowstone, had fun driving in the Rockies.:(:(:(

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
I would have test driven it before buying it. And as for electronic issue I'd go after the dealer to fix it

·
Registered
188 Posts
You definitely shouldn't have mentioned that you even wanted to tune it to be honest. You definitely should have taken it for a long test drive, especially to feel out if the power was enough for you. The Sync and rattles can be remedied by the dealership hopefully. Pricing wise, you can never buy a brand new vehicle and expect the dealer to give you anything close to what you paid for it lol even if you head back there later in the afternoon. Once it leaves that lot, that price drops.

So what's the plan now ?

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Not a troll. The 2.7 will out accelerate the 2.0 but overall driving I like the 2015 more. It NEVER had any problems, rattles, SYNC problems, etc. and you could throw it into curves and feel sure where you would come out of the curve. No, I'm not a troll but a very dissatisfied Sport owner. I've complained to the dealer and to the factory regarding the problems and so far, no resolution. Cockerdogs

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
If you aren't happy with it, you have two solutions, take the loss in money and go back to your old car or something else, or deal with the sport and try to get the issues fixed (which you say you are doing). Rattles and technology are not always perfect. I have been in way more expensive cars with rattles. Sync isn't perfect. But the car will go where you want it to go, and if you aren't happy with the performance, then you didn't give it a proper test drive ahead of buying the car, so that part is solely on yourself.

So take the 7K hit to the wallet, or deal with it and figure it out.

oh, and any dealer will tell you they will void your warranty if you tune... doesn't everyone know that?

·
Registered
215 Posts
Have you considered putting it up for sale yourself? You'll get thousands more than selling it to the dealer. You're going to want to have the rattles addressed beforehand if you can, since potential buyers might be put off by that. It might be worth test driving a different Sport if there is one around, just to be sure the performance issues you're experiencing aren't out of the norm. While the 2.0 Fusion should be a little nimbler due to the reduced weight, I'm suspicious of the difference in handling you're describing. Maybe your adaptive suspension isn't functioning properly?

·
Registered
405 Posts
First off, if the car has issues and 900 miles, its ALL COVERED UNDER WARRANTY. Take it back and make them fix it. Secondly, Ford can not void your warranty because you tuned your car, thats actually illegal. The only thing Ford can do is refuse warranty work if they can prove that the tune is the cause of the specific problem you are asking them to fix under warranty. Dont let a dealer tell you otherwise, its **** and they are liars.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks All

I've read a lot of posts on this site today and most all are having good results with their Sports. I'm going to try another dealer regarding the rattles and SYNC and maybe the active suspension. As far as performance, I'll try some of the mods mentioned here. Thanks everyone. Cockerdogs.

·
Registered
405 Posts
What you are posting is not wrong, however its not accurate to the context. Yes if you tune your engine and blow it up, the dealership is legally allowed to refuse you warranty work on the effected engine parts. But if you tune your engine and your transmission gets a leak, they cant deny your warranty or they have to prove that the tune is what caused the leak. Or say you tune your engine and your alternator goes out, they cant void the warranty on your alternator unless they can prove that the tune for example raised the redline, which over spun the alternator causing it to burn up. If you tune your engine and throw a piston through the block, then yes they can refuse your warranty. They can not void a warranty and they can not refuse to provide warranty services for parts not effected by the changes you made.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Sounds a little like buyer's remorse.

That aside, I agree with those directing you to warranty repairs. Obviously having to deal with a lemon is no fun, but I feel the issues you are experiencing can be easily addressed.

I'd disagree with you that the '15 SE is more fun than the '17 Fuspo... I've got nearly 10k miles on this car and it is very stout. Yes I am tuned, but the suspension and AWD alone are enough to transform the car.

My $.04

·
Registered
447 Posts
The SE 2015 was a lot lighter. BUT the 2017 sport is a much better car over all. Yes you have to drive it differently cause its not the same as the SE. It took my a while tiki get accustomed too it but once you do you will realize tat it is far superior to any other fusion.

The engine is very strong in this car. again it has a different attitude and transmission style that the SE 2015. Learn the car and you will get a lot out of it. One thing I learned is that the velocity of you peddle press is directly related to the response of the car. if you feather the throttle it will assume try want too go slow.. but if you spike it it will snap your neck back and I'm not even tuned yet..

Sounds to me like you just get a bad one. I think the dealer can fix it for you and they should

**** you did over pay lol i got mine for 30K

·
Registered
91 Posts
The SE 2015 was a lot lighter. BUT the 2017 sport is a much better car over all. Yes you have to drive it differently cause its not the same as the SE. It took my a while tiki get accustomed too it but once you do you will realize tat it is far superior to any other fusion.

The engine is very strong in this car. again it has a different attitude and transmission style that the SE 2015. Learn the car and you will get a lot out of it. One thing I learned is that the velocity of you peddle press is directly related to the response of the car. if you feather the throttle it will assume try want too go slow.. but if you spike it it will snap your neck back and I'm not even tuned yet..

Sounds to me like you just get a bad one. I think the dealer can fix it for you and they should

**** you did over pay lol i got mine for 30K
30k for a base Sport?

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
30k for a base Sport?
Mine had almost every option but the heated steering wheel (rarely need in TX) and listed for 42+ and was either the first or among the first in DFW. The price was bid among 5 dealers--some who would price their vehicles before delivery. cockerdogs

·
Registered
91 Posts
Mine had almost every option but the heated steering wheel (rarely need in TX) and listed for 42+ and was either the first or among the first in DFW. The price was bid among 5 dealers--some who would price their vehicles before delivery. cockerdogs
Holy sh*t, that's a crazy deal! I don't understand how they would want to take such a loss? LOL! Nicely done, sir! :D

Mine is fully loaded and MSRP was $42,150 (ish) and I got it for ~$40k out the door (tax, title, license). 0% interest for 72 months was my route of financing.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Holy sh*t, that's a crazy deal! I don't understand how they would want to take such a loss? LOL! Nicely done, sir! :D

Mine is fully loaded and MSRP was $42,150 (ish) and I got it for ~$40k out the door (tax, title, license). 0% interest for 72 months was my route of financing.
I used True Car website and have on two cars, each getting what I think is a good deal. cockerdogs

·
Registered
11 Posts
I originally took out a Fusion Titanium with the 2.0 Ecoboost and fully intended on going that route, until I tried the Sport. No comparison on pull, ride, sound, etc. Significantly better pull with no torque steer thanks to the AWD. To compare the two is no comparison. What was it that led you to purchase the Sport? Did you not put it through paces on a test drive? What else was on your list? How did it compare?

If the dealer isn't fixing the rattles or Sync issue, then I would visit another dealer.

I was familiar with both the 2.0 and 2.7 having owned a '13 Escape Titanium and my wife's current '16 Edge Sport. For me, I knew the 2.0 was not going to keep me interested over the long haul. If you are at all performance oriented, you'd most likely discover the same.

·
Registered
305 Posts
I've replied on other threads that I decided to just get over my concerns and fix the car like I want to drive it. Over the last two months have made a number of mods (don't want to discuss) which have improved handling and performance. If I can find a good exhaust and a cold air intake, I'm set. The dealer fixed the Sync and rattles. The pothole avoidance has been discussed elsewhere although I don't think anyone believes it's what was promised.

My major contention was the factory over promised and under delivered--I'm fixing that.

Part of what I want to do is be competitive with other performance sedans. I have been following DaveE, Ricochet, Botrocket. I'm following their example and it's working. cockerdogs

·
Registered
176 Posts
I've replied on other threads that I decided to just get over my concerns and fix the car like I want to drive it. Over the last two months have made a number of mods (don't want to discuss) which have improved handling and performance. If I can find a good exhaust and a cold air intake, I'm set. The dealer fixed the Sync and rattles. The pothole avoidance has been discussed elsewhere although I don't think anyone believes it's what was promised.

My major contention was the factory over promised and under delivered--I'm fixing that.

Part of what I want to do is be competitive with other performance sedans. I have been following DaveE, Ricochet, Botrocket. I'm following their example and it's working. cockerdogs
Glad you were able to get some of the other issues taken care of. I really enjoy the FS , it is kinda hard to get both worlds of handling and a very comfortable ride, usually you forfeit one or the other, the active suspension seems to do a good job, the FS does get a bit of roll in the turns, hopefully replacing the rear sway bar with a stronger one does the trick without affecting the active suspension, will see? One thing I haven't really looked at front and center, is the possibility to increase the tire width, I know I did on my ST and it planted it well in the turns, that is one other thing I might look at in the coming summer, other than that I am very happy with the car, I always customize my car's the way I like them, it's fun and you get exactly what you want, Good luck, hope you get it dialed in and enjoy it.

Reactions: cockerdogs and 1153
1 - 20 of 21 Posts