Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I compared my Fusion Sport to a late model Charger R/T on the highway last night. We compared between 70-120MPH, the Fusion very slowly pulled away. I was pretty happy about the results since thats a car known to run high 13s stock. Im sure he was more than a bit confused as to why he didnt leave a Ford Fusion in the dust.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I had a nice comparison with a 335 (probably 2011) this past weekend. Probably only 0-60km/h. I wasn't really paying attention to the speed and I let up as soon as I couldn't see him beside me anymore.

I think he was unpleasantly surprised.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Hmmm.. it is possible comparing the numbers, but that would definitely make an interesting run... up to driver at that point I would think ? Or am I just thinking out of the box

·
Registered
12 Posts
I tried to compare with a SHO this afternoon on the interstate. He chickened out. As he pulled up along side me, I nailed it. He then proceeded to pull in behind me. Must have scared him pretty good.

·
Registered
391 Posts
I rented a Charger R/T awhile back when traveling. It has a wicked engine rumble/sound, but it got old for day-to-day for me. It did get down and go, but it's not even close to the Sport as far as the total package goes.

·
Registered
463 Posts
I compared my Fusion Sport to a late model Charger R/T on the highway last night ...
The two cars run identical acceleration times, but the Charger no longer offers AWD with a V8.

I had a nice comparison with a 335 (probably 2011) this past weekend ... I let up as soon as I couldn't see him beside me anymore.

I think he was unpleasantly surprised.
I'd be unpleasantly surprised too if I were him! The 335 and FS should run side by side.

I tried to compare with a SHO this afternoon on the interstate. He chickened out ...
Not sure why he backed off, FS and SHO run same 0-60/quarter mile times.

I compared it to my new Lincoln MKZ ;) I decided the added luxury and power was worth the extra money.

Sent from my LG-US998 using Tapatalk
I compared the Lincoln MKZ to my new FS.
I decided the mainstream interior and 3/10 sec slower acceleration was worth the extra $20,000 I saved.

·
Registered
301 Posts
I compared the Lincoln MKZ to my new FS.
I decided the mainstream interior and 3/10 sec slower acceleration was worth the extra $20,000 I saved.

You're not far off the mark. I paid about 17500 more than the Fusion Sport I was offered. To each their own. The stereo and the more comfortable seats sealed the deal for me. And the 4 years of everything being covered under the warranty.

·
Registered
463 Posts
You're not far off the mark. I paid about 17500 more than the Fusion Sport I was offered. To each their own. The stereo and the more comfortable seats sealed the deal for me. And the 4 years of everything being covered under the warranty.
It's all good.

Just a 'lil fun natured ribbing between fellow Ford siblings.

·
Registered
301 Posts
It's all good.

Just a 'lil fun natured ribbing between fellow Ford siblings.
Oh don't mistake it. I wasn't offended or anything. Lol. It's all good my friend. My super fusion is better. I mean why else would all you fusion guys spend all your time trying to make your car into an MKZ ;)

·
Registered
463 Posts
Oh don't mistake it. I wasn't offended or anything. Lol. It's all good my friend. My super fusion is better. I mean why else would all you fusion guys spend all your time trying to make your car into an MKZ ;)

Ok, everything's cool then.
Just checking buddy. My MKZ "lite" is better. I mean, why else would all you MKZ guys spend all your time posting on FusionSportForums.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Ok, everything's cool then.
Just checking buddy. My MKZ "lite" is better. I mean, why else would all you MKZ guys spend all your time posting on FusionSportForums.
We come here to stay connected to the plebs and to know what it's like to be poor :) same reason I have a part time job at the local target. Keeps you grounded

Honestly I came here because the cars are similar but the sport crowd is much more active. Especially in mods and times. Lincoln... not so much.

·
Registered
267 Posts

The MKZ I looked at would have cost $20k more than my FS, but that's only because I was looking at a Black Label with every option except the panoramic roof (thoroughbred theme, driver's, climate, and technology packages, 400HP motor, multi-contour seats and all weather mats). I like my cars loaded. :)

·
Registered
301 Posts
The MKZ I looked at would have cost $20k more than my FS, but that's only because I was looking at a Black Label with every option except the panoramic roof (thoroughbred theme, driver's, climate, and technology packages, 400HP motor, multi-contour seats and all weather mats). I like my cars loaded. :)
Mines that exact build but chalet theme. I'm hopefully taking delivery in under 2 weeks. I got word last Tuesday it's on the train so it's making its way here. Been a long 3 months waiting :(

·
Registered
267 Posts
Mines that exact build but chalet theme. I'm hopefully taking delivery in under 2 weeks. I got word last Tuesday it's on the train so it's making its way here. Been a long 3 months waiting :(

I could never do the white seats. I'm a rigger, so I get dusty climbing the rafters and roof trusses at the convention centers here in Vegas.

·
Registered
301 Posts
I could never do the white seats. I'm a rigger, so I get dusty climbing the rafters and roof trusses at the convention centers here in Vegas.
To be completely honest I am not fully thrilled about the white seats only because it's going to be hard to keep clean. But I couldn't take the tan leather from the thoroughbred and let's not even mention the Vineyard 🤢. I would much prefer just black seats but I can't pass up the black label Perks.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Yep. I think the brown is just ugly. I'll take the pain in the ass to keep clean white interior over the ugly brown uppers. The white and black compliment each other extremely well. I'm still debating on whether to do a protection coating on the leather or not... Or just have them clean the interior every year when I bring the car by for it's annual inspection of it's coating. Either way everyone has different tastes and the assistant sales manager who let me play with his ultima system had the thoroughbred in his... I just can't do it.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts