Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm on a lot of communities and sometimes don't see the level of support, quality of posts, feedback, experience, etc. offered here on most others. To someone new to the game of Ford vehicles that means a lot. So, put simply its the strong sense of community going on here.

Now that you heard my reason, what does everyone else here like most about this forum?

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
I like the peer to peer conversations, no internet warriors. Being new to fusions I like hearing the opinions about what's good and bad from those that have owned other fusions. Also this car being newish for ford I'm glad to be part of the start of a new age in the automotive industry in making a street beast. I appreciate all that is done for us to have this site to enjoy more and more of this car.

·
Registered
624 Posts
Yeah, what you guys said, lol. This is my first Fusion, and my first Ford in 20 years so it is nice to get opinions, insite, ideas, etc, in regards to this special car. I've been on this forum since before the car went on sale and like DaveE said, it's been fun talking about and following this car with others from the beginning. I remember when we were discussing and opinionating (is that a word?) how light or dark the grey interior was before anybody ever saw a production car. Same went for the wheels. Nobody knew back then how they would look on the various exterior colors. Some folks had to take a leap of faith when ordering their FuSpo's and that was just on the looks, we were completely in the dark on all other measures. You guys got it easy these days! Glad we could pave the way lol.

·
Registered
868 Posts
It seems to be a fairly "mature" forum. I don't think the car itself attracts the typical "boy racer" or "macho man". I mean no offense to us, but other non-sport fusions I see on the road look to be driven by the most "normal" "boring" looking people out there. The sport is a true sleeper. I like that about the forum. I have a hard time spending time where trolls lurk. This is a very comfortable community to be a part of.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Ive been on SVT for a few years and this forum is much more civilized and hardly any flame wars on this one.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I haven't purchased the FS yet, but I really am interested in it. It's good to see real life people here dealing with their issues with the car, and people that can be forthright about it. There don't seem to be know-it-all knuckleheads, everyone seems willing to help without being condescending. Unfortunately, I think it may be a while before I actually purchase the car, but I pop in often to keep up with what's going on, as far as problems, tunes, and of course, all the good things too like people enjoying their car, which is best of all!

Reactions: V8FlatHead and 1153

·
Registered
215 Posts
The vibe on this forum is the best I've experienced for any vehicle, and probably any internet forum period. There's a good sense of community and a genuine desire to help each other out. I used to participate in a Mercedes forum years ago, and it was a nightmare. Fanboys would pounce on any criticism of their beloved car. I was told to "learn how to take care of it" more than once after pointing out failures in my ML500 (and there were many). There isn't any of that crap here. Sure, every once in a while things can get mildly spicy, but it would be boring without some of that. Kudos to the moderators and members of this board for making it a enjoyable and useful resource!

·
Registered
25 Posts
It has been nice seeing the opinion of everyone who has purchased it already so I know what to expect. I have been stalking the car in the news and in the forums since I heard about it. I have driven a Ford Fusion Hybrid for the last 5 years and I really like the car, but I wish it had better tech and more power. I was looking at Taurus SHOs, but I wasn't really impressed. I am still a few months from purchasing a Sport, but I am more comfortable in the decision because of this forum.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Way back in 1996-'97 I remember logging into the old SHO forum in the computer lab at college. That was a great group of guys (of all ages) who exuded a sense of community, one of which I had had yet to experience in the car world up to that point. I learned a ton from them as I worked on my own car. I finally stopped buying SHOs and I slowly drifted from the community 10 or more years ago - for the first time since then, this forum feels the same. A great group of people who are having fun, getting along, and all convening together over one special Ford. I've even had coffee with someone from the forum- good guy. The timing of the new Sport wasn't ideal for me as my old Sport has a lot of life in it, but I'm very interested in the new generation and last January I was probably the most excited about a new car coming out than I had been in years. I've been lurking on here since early last summer, also loving the first hand stories and taking in all the info I can on these cars as I could likely own one someday. I'll likely attend the Detroit Auto Show and I'm very curious to see if there are any small changes being made to the 2018s. Now I wonder how many "old guys" on here were part of the SHO forum?

Reactions: 1153

·
Registered
172 Posts
Way back in 1996-'97 I remember logging into the old SHO forum in the computer lab at college. That was a great group of guys (of all ages) who exuded a sense of community, one of which I had had yet to experience in the car world up to that point. I learned a ton from them as I worked on my own car. I finally stopped buying SHOs and I slowly drifted from the community 10 or more years ago - for the first time since then, this forum feels the same. A great group of people who are having fun, getting along, and all convening together over one special Ford. I've even had coffee with someone from the forum- good guy. The timing of the new Sport wasn't ideal for me as my old Sport has a lot of life in it, but I'm very interested in the new generation and last January I was probably the most excited about a new car coming out than I had been in years. I've been lurking on here since early last summer, also loving the first hand stories and taking in all the info I can on these cars as I could likely own one someday. I'll likely attend the Detroit Auto Show and I'm very curious to see if there are any small changes being made to the 2018s. Now I wonder how many "old guys" on here were part of the SHO forum?
Part of SHOforum and the no longer SHOCago forum. I was at the Madison WI 2003 sho convention. Great group of people many of whom are still friends 15yrs later.

Reactions: uncletatty

·
Premium Member
1,033 Posts
I like that I was given the authority to boss people around :p

Muahahahaha!

Seriously though, this is a pretty tight group of good people that are all more than happy to help each other out in the process of learning this new car.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I have owned BMW's, Audi's and Caddy's. Became a member on multiple forums for each car. Heck, for the Wrangler too.

This forum seems to have the nicest, unassuming folks.

·
Registered
181 Posts
I am a long time member of the MINI forums. As everyone knows this is a cult car. It has great helpful people on its forums. I get the same feeling here.

·
Registered
246 Posts
It seems to be a fairly "mature" forum. I don't think the car itself attracts the typical "boy racer" or "macho man". I mean no offense to us, but other non-sport fusions I see on the road look to be driven by the most "normal" "boring" looking people out there. The sport is a true sleeper. I like that about the forum. I have a hard time spending time where trolls lurk. This is a very comfortable community to be a part of.
All of this^^^

Part of the reason I like this forum so much is that there are not many people here in my age bracket, which is is very good thing. The immaturity in other Performance car, or "cheap" car, forums is staggering.

As a member of TCCA, The Taurus forum, it was hilarious how many teenagers, or early 20-somethings like myself thought that their rusting, vulcan powered, plastidip coated, 2000s era Tauruses were the coolest car on the forum.

and that brings me to my second point: I like that this is a 17'+ sport-specific forum.

I see the same sort of mentality in the Fusion Forum that I did in the Taurus Forum. Every young idiot with a matte black plasti-dipped grille and wheels thinks thier 4 cyl '07 is the coolest car on the forum, when really they have a 10 year old car with the same ubiquity, and slowness, as those mid-2000s Tauruses froms just a couple years prior. Same ****, different toilet.

And don't even get me started on the holier-than-thou Gen 1.5 Sport owners. They're practically as bad as the PC master race...

Thank you all for your maturity, kindness and love.

sunshine, rainbows, kittens etc. etc.

dead batteries

ok
bye

·
Premium Member
1,033 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Them's fightin' words... :mad:
whoa, whoa. Don't get in a huff

As someone who enjoys console gaming and also has a gaming "rig" with decent specs (I'm sorry, I don't remember all the numbers). I understand the appeal of both.

When I want to play something like Beam.NG, cities skylines, planet coaster, minecraft, etc. I'll fire up my computer, crank everything up to full, and enjoy bending reality to my will.

If I want to have some fun with my friends (or alone), shootin zombies, racing cars, or playing anything co-op like halo or portal 2, I'll invite them over for some good old fashion split screen gaming. (I'll throw it in here that I have a home theater with a 12 foot screen, 7.1 surround, reclining couches, and a fully stocked bar) If that doesn't sound more fun than sitting alone at your desk talking to your friends through a headset, just for the sake of frame rate and textures, then you and I have very different priorities and don't need to discuss it further. If you can understand the merits of console gaming for some games, then no need to be offended, because "PC master race" doesn't apply to you.

I'm happy to discuss further if you want, but I don't think this is the thread for it.

·
Premium Member
1,033 Posts
whoa, whoa. Don't get in a huff

As someone who enjoys console gaming and also has a gaming "rig" with decent specs (I'm sorry, I don't remember all the numbers). I understand the appeal of both.

When I want to play something like Beam.NG, cities skylines, planet coaster, minecraft, etc. I'll fire up my computer, crank everything up to full, and enjoy bending reality to my will.

If I want to have some fun with my friends (or alone), shootin zombies, racing cars, or playing anything co-op like halo or portal 2, I'll invite them over for some good old fashion split screen gaming. (I'll throw it in here that I have a home theater with a 12 foot screen, 7.1 surround, reclining couches, and a fully stocked bar) If that doesn't sound more fun than sitting alone at your desk talking to your friends through a headset, just for the sake of frame rate and textures, then you and I have very different priorities and don't need to discuss it further. If you can understand the merits of console gaming for some games, then no need to be offended, because "PC master race" doesn't apply to you.

I'm happy to discuss further if you want, but I don't think this is the thread for it.
You are absolutely correct. We may have completely derailed this thread, but rather than deleting our off topic posts, I'm going to leave them because its a perfect example of what makes this forum great. Even though i posted that remark in jest, in many other forums that might have sparked a violent war. Instead, you replied with a perfectly reasonable, respectful point. If it were any other forum, I would chalk that up to you being one of the few level headed members, but here, that is the norm, rather than the exception.

ggwp sir. <o

1 - 17 of 17 Posts