Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

What did you do to your Ford Fusion Sports today?

168K views 741 replies 135 participants last post by  AcidicCastle 
#1 ·
Share what you did today with the Ford Fusion Sports V6 community!

Example: I took her out of the garage and gave her a nice bath and followed up with a coat of wax.

Example: Finally got my window tints done, now I can't open my windows for a week :(

Example: Got new tires installed, now I am itching to take her out for a quick spin.

Anything goes....

This post has been deleted
#9 ·
Curbed my rear right wheel on the way to work this morning. Priced a new wheel at my local dealer, they had to call Ford to find out any info... Apparently they're $859 a piece.

Ended up calling a local alloy repair place and will be getting it fixed on Monday.

My only other concern is the chunk of rubber out of the rim-saver section of the tire... 250 miles on it.

https://goo.gl/photos/SqUWGbYg1FhohXmW9

#22 · (Edited)
Got the curbed wheel fixed!

After the "incident"...

Initial sanding done... (They had painted this wheel three times at the factory to get the finish right!)

Painted, waiting for clear...

Finished! He said he thinks it might be a "little bit" brighter than the original color, truth be told I can't see any difference after rotating the wheel in the sun with it off the car... For reference, the spot repainted is where the scrub spot on the tire is.

Another angle...

These wheels are Hyper colored, meaning it's a black base coat, followed by a super-fine mist of reflective particles, followed by clear coat. Incredibly difficult to match without painting the whole wheel again, and then they don't normally match the other wheels!

#24 ·
:)

Wow, they did a great job! Your lucky to have found them.
Yeah, as I had said they do work for the local BMW dealership my uncle works at. He's done a lot of very expensive wheels, it gave me a bit of confidence going into it. It's also got a lifetime warranty on it too; if it ever starts peeling, flaking, curbed again even, they'll fix it for free. If they can't fix it, they'll replace the wheel. Impressed is an understatement.

Also, I just noticed that neither one of the pics really gives a good comparison side-by-side in direct sunlight... Really hard to tell, but it looks spot on in the sun all the way around the wheel... When he first pulled it out into the sunlight, I was looking at the wrong spot for the repair!

#27 ·
You'll probably have to upload them somewhere first, photo bucket or similar.

You wouldn't happen to be in Michigan or NE Ohio by any chance? I rarely parallel Park, but that also means I lack the practice. Plus the roads here are complete $£it. I would completely freak if my wheel/s got damaged similarly. Glad to see it worked out for you.
I'm in St. Louis, not a super far way away but certainly not close.

#32 ·
Today, I washed her, vacuumed her, pumped up the tires a bit and dressed them. Tuesday night I should be doing the Tower Brace and Hood Struts.
She looks nice and clean Dave! I'm very curious to hear how you like the strut tower brace. If that can tighten up the front end feel a little bit, I think I'd be jumping on that. Stock feels just slightly wobbly at times.

Also, by hood struts, do you mean you are retrofitting them so the hood just goes up and stays up by itself? Very interesting in that right there.

#29 · (Edited)
Installed the AFE filter and did the rcv to bov mod, gotta have the psshh noise, or it's just not a turbo lol , and ordered a bug shield for the hood and a net for the trunk, it's been a very FS productive day. Added a pic but it's kinda hard to see

Attachments

Reactions: 1153
#30 · (Edited)
it's just a recirculating valve , to bov vta same - same lol :D

I just used a breather type filter to keep the oil from spraying on the engine on deceleration, that's what the chrome filter thing is

Attachments

#31 ·
the FS sure has some really good sound proofing though LOL I can hardly hear it till I roll down the windows

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.