Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner
661 - 677 of 677 Posts

·
Registered
745 Posts
Is the battery covered under the powertrain warranty? I'm at 42k miles so the bumper-to-bumper is gone.
Hi LeVel. The battery is only covered under the 3 year/36,000 mile New Vehicle Warranty.

If you look on the Ford owners website, or your individual Dealer's website, you can usually find discount coupons for the Motorcraft batteries. Look here: https://www.ford.com/support/servic...519!3!292004267430!b!!g!!+motorcraft +battery

I would recommend you get the upgraded "Tested Tough Max battery". 3 year full replacement warranty, 100 month pro-rated.

Let us know how you make out and good luck.

Reactions: LeVeL and Shawnski

·
Registered
875 Posts
I agree with bbf2530. Those Motorcraft Max batteries have been very good to me. I definitely feel I’ve gotten my moneys-worth out of them. One thing I would note is that in my experience they work great until the don’t. They seem to last forever then die abruptly. No noticeable gradual decline in cranking power or any other indication other than the occasional voice in the back of your mind saying “I can’t remember the last time I replaced that battery”.

Reactions: LeVeL

·
Registered
399 Posts
Thanks folks. I'll jump it tonight, drive around, then see how it does over the next few days/weeks. Maybe I won't need a replacement... Fingers crossed.

·
Registered
568 Posts
Here's what I did with my Sport earlier this week
Car Wheel Tire Mountain Vehicle

Spotted this bad boy while driving in Rocky Mountain National Park, near Estes, CO.

·
Registered
875 Posts
Moose are cool but they sure do smell bad!

Reactions: ColoradoGuy

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Biggest danger with those things is their legs are so thin, but they're really tall and heavy, so if you hit them you cut their legs out from under them and they land right on top of you.

·
Registered
875 Posts
September 2017 we were staying in Estes Park visiting RMNP and on our last evening we decided to take a drive to Beaver Meadow to watch the sunset. We got treated to the spectacle of a pair of bull elk battling it out for a large harem of cows. It got pretty dark and we were just getting ready to leave when we all kind of looked at each other and said “what’s that smell?” Just then a somewhat medium sized bull moose came strolling through the creek bed adjacent to the parking area about twenty yards from where we were standing! His antlers were reflecting the low moonlight and it was quite a sight to see! There were two park rangers there and they told us at the time that young moose were just starting to make their way west to east across the the mountains via the waterways and they were quite pleased to see it happening. Apparently at that time moose were uncommon on the east side.

·
Registered
568 Posts
September 2017 we were staying in Estes Park visiting RMNP and on our last evening we decided to take a drive to Beaver Meadow to watch the sunset. We got treated to the spectacle of a pair of bull elk battling it out for a large harem of cows. It got pretty dark and we were just getting ready to leave when we all kind of looked at each other and said “what’s that smell?” Just then a somewhat medium sized bull moose came strolling through the creek bed adjacent to the parking area about twenty yards from where we were standing! His antlers were reflecting the low moonlight and it was quite a sight to see! There were two park rangers there and they told us at the time that young moose were just starting to make their way west to east across the the mountains via the waterways and they were quite pleased to see it happening. Apparently at that time moose were uncommon on the east side.
Great story! 25 years in Colorado and I have only seen a couple Moose in the wild. Folks told me they have moved east closer to Estes Park due to wildfires on the western side of the park - and that sightings are not uncommon now. This time it was the dad, mom and a baby. And they hung around eating for a long time. People were too close, including the woman in the red shirt in my picture that had to run to her car as the bull approached - maybe 20 feet away. People get tossed by buffalo and gored by elk every year out here. Common sense is lacking, to put it nicely. These animals can accelerate faster than a Sport for short distances. I never knew moose smelled, but they do spend a lot of time in watery areas.

·
Registered
875 Posts
They’re very “musky” smelling. Made our eyes water from a distance!! Ha! We’ve been going over to the RMNP as a family since 2007 - it’s never anything but pure awesome! We like the Scottish festival in Estes, might be the best in the country IMO because of the mountain setting. We’ve seen people (especially foreigners) risking their lives by getting too close to elk and tipsy Scotsmen!!

Reactions: ColoradoGuy

·
Registered
235 Posts
Also installed the puddle lights a few days ago...took maybe 10mins...didn't even break the stockers....not sure why everyone has a problem with them??🤷‍♂️
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tail & brake light

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tire

·
Registered
2019 > 2018 > 2017 :)
275 Posts
Also installed the puddle lights a few days ago...took maybe 10mins...
Which ones did you get? The 2019's came with LED puddle lights, but they are not as bright as the aftermarket ones.

·
Registered
2019 > 2018 > 2017 :)
275 Posts

·
Registered
568 Posts
The Dorman 926-107 puddle lights
Huge difference vs. the incandescents on my 2017. Curious - did you change them out for appearance, or functionality? Or both? The are pretty dang bright. I've switched to LED for license plate and backup lights, thinking about puddle light changeout.

Reactions: Engineer

·
Registered
235 Posts
Huge difference vs. the incandescents on my 2017. Curious - did you change them out for appearance, or functionality? Or both? The are pretty dang bright. I've switched to LED for license plate and backup lights, thinking about puddle light changeout.
Both. Swapped the reverse, license plate & trunk lights probably a year or so ago....so it was time to do the puddle lights 😀

·
Registered
399 Posts
Hi LeVel. The battery is only covered under the 3 year/36,000 mile New Vehicle Warranty.

If you look on the Ford owners website, or your individual Dealer's website, you can usually find discount coupons for the Motorcraft batteries. Look here: https://www.ford.com/support/service-maintenance/coupons-offers-rebates/battery-coupons/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIqLvLkYW58wIVGpXICh01Rw2HEAAYASAAEgKjnPD_BwE&searchid=160581315|13270916475|&ef_id=EAIaIQobChMIqLvLkYW58wIVGpXICh01Rw2HEAAYASAAEgKjnPD_BwE:G:s&s_kwcid=AL!2519!3!292004267430!b!!g!!+motorcraft +battery

I would recommend you get the upgraded "Tested Tough Max battery". 3 year full replacement warranty, 100 month pro-rated.

Let us know how you make out and good luck.
So I presented that coupon to my dealership service guy and he turned out to be THE MAN! He accepted it, no questions asked, and then threw in an additional coupon. Total cost: $131 out the door!

For anyone interested, the correct battery for our cars is Motorcraft Tested Tough Max BXT-90-T5590.

661 - 677 of 677 Posts