Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner
641 - 660 of 677 Posts

·
Registered
875 Posts
“Here kitty, kitty, kitty” haha! Love it!

·
Registered
2019 > 2018 > 2017 :)
275 Posts
New wheels and tires.
PIAA Forged Monoblock Super Mesh 19x8.5 5x108 +42 19.4lbs
Continental Extreme Contact Sport 245 /40 R19 98Y XL 24lbs

Lost 17.6lbs --per corner-- with this setup compared to the stock wheels and tires. The car is so much more energetic and stimulating now.

·
Registered
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
169 Posts
New wheels and tires.
PIAA Forged Monoblock Super Mesh 19x8.5 5x108 +42 19.4lbs
Continental Extreme Contact Sport 245 /40 R19 98Y XL 24lbs

Lost 17.6lbs --per corner-- with this setup compared to the stock wheels and tires. The car is so much more energetic and stimulating now.
View attachment 28435
Very nice !!!! You may be challenging
JRocZilla2.7
for top Magnetic !

Reactions: JRocZilla2.7

·
Registered
2019 > 2018 > 2017 :)
275 Posts
Very nice !!!! You may be challenging
JRocZilla2.7
for top Magnetic !
Thanks. Those wheel are very rare in the states as they were mostly sold in Japan, but a few did get imported now and again. I was looking at the same wheels that @JRocZilla2.7 had as well, but those are now discontinued. There are very few options when it comes to lightweight 19" 5x108 wheels that fit our cars.

Reactions: JRocZilla2.7

·
Registered
235 Posts
Now I Need more E 🤣🤣
Honestly this was a pretty straight forward install. This was also my reading right after initial start up with E already in the tank, which shows that the BCB Ethanol calculator does help calculate E for those that don't have a Ethanol sensor/gauge installed

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Picked up some puddle lights to replace the drab non LED lights that are included from the factory

View attachment 28664
I'd be interested to hear how this goes for you. I picked up a set of LED puddle lights a few months back but haven't installed those yet because I keep hearing it's tough to get the factory ones out without tearing things up. So I haven't tried it yet. Same situation with the license plate light. Everything else I have either came LED, or I switched it to LED already.

·
Registered
235 Posts
I'd be interested to hear how this goes for you. I picked up a set of LED puddle lights a few months back but haven't installed those yet because I keep hearing it's tough to get the factory ones out without tearing things up. So I haven't tried it yet. Same situation with the license plate light. Everything else I have either came LED, or I switched it to LED already.
I don't intend to keep the stock Puddle lights, so if they break, then they break....it's really not a big deal IMO

I did the license plate lights awhile back. Wasn't to difficult to be honest. The trunk light was a bigger PITA imo

·
Registered
399 Posts
I thought license plate and trunk lights were easy. The mirror lights are definitely a pain, very hard to get out. Make sure you put painter's tape on painted surfaces to avoid scratching.

·
Registered
'17 Magnetic; Unleashed Tune, FMIC
170 Posts
I don't intend to keep the stock Puddle lights, so if they break, then they break....it's really not a big deal IMO

I did the license plate lights awhile back. Wasn't to difficult to be honest. The trunk light was a bigger PITA imo
My thoughts exactly. I completely destroyed one when removing and the other one I popped the lens off. All went in the trash anyways...no need for 'em after the much better lights went in.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Battery is dead after the car sat for less than two weeks. Great. Do I need to go to the dealer or can I drop my own battery in?

·
Registered
170 Posts
Battery is dead after the car sat for less than two weeks. Great. Do I need to go to the dealer or can I drop my own battery in?
I've heard it both ways. My battery replacement was done through dealer when I had some other damage and they charged for a computer reprogram. Otherwise the car thinks the old battery is still in and it wreaks havoc on the electrical system.

I've heard people say there is a way to do the relearn yourself? There are tons of threads on the batter drain issues with this car.

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Hi @LeVeL ,

If you're still under warranty I'd get Ford to put a battery in it you can just because they warranty the battery. But otherwise you can certainly throw your own in, just reset the BMS either manually or by letting the car sit completely untouched overnight, and you should be good.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Is the battery covered under the powertrain warranty? I'm at 42k miles so the bumper-to-bumper is gone.

·
Registered
170 Posts
I"d imagine its only bumper-to-bumper that would cover that. Can call your local dealer and confirm.

641 - 660 of 677 Posts