Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner
621 - 640 of 677 Posts

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Disabled Torque Steer Compensation to remove the torque source. Most of you probably don't have that turned on anyway but I had turned it on a while back when I was first using ForScan. I have been looking at the PCM side more recently and I don't want the torque source for limiting, so I turned it back off.

730-01-02 bit 2 is now 0.

·
Registered
83 Posts
In the past week:

New Battery - Original one was still in car with a 2016 manufacturer date. Got one 'weak' start out of her before totally dead. Car was feeling down on power and not as snappy.

New Tires - Went with what was recommended on here Conti's ExtremeContacts DSW06+ in 245s. Got the tires as the original Eagles were down to the treads (35k miles). Was hoping the tires/alignment was causing the 'hum'/'drum' noise from up front,,,, but nope, sound still there. Plus the tire shop told me that all my rims are slightly bent. Plus Plus they installed my mismatched rims (for some reason my car has qty2 dark grey, and qty2 lighter gray rims) on the same side so now it's painfully obviously they're mismatched. Pretty sure the color mismatch is due to them being repaired by the previous owner.

Going to dealership in a couple hours to check out the noise. Probably a wheel bearing/CV joint, but still under an extended warranty thankfully.

Still love this car.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hey ZenFFS,

I had a very similar problem, had a worn set of contis on my 2017 Sport and had vibration coming up through drive train. I blamed the worn tires and had 4 new BF Goodrich G-force Comp-2s installed but the vibration remained. Tire tech said I had at least one bent rim so went to rim reconditioning shop where they discovered another. Straightened them up, remounted and balanced and vibration is mostly gone. I would be interested if they find any issues with your bearings or CV joints, though.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I'll definitely update yall when I hear back. I have the 100k mile power train warranty, but only 16 more days of the 'comprehensive' warranty, so trying to get them tidy up any and all before it expires.
Even though my wheels are slightly bent, pretty sure it's not the rims. Sound gets worse when I make a hard left, and almost gone when making a right turn. I'm no mechanic, but I'm thinking wheel bearing. We'll see. I've driven her with much enthusiasm since buying her one year ago trying to shake out any issues while the comp. warranty is intact.

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
I'll definitely update yall when I hear back. I have the 100k mile power train warranty, but only 16 more days of the 'comprehensive' warranty, so trying to get them tidy up any and all before it expires.
Even though my wheels are slightly bent, pretty sure it's not the rims. Sound gets worse when I make a hard left, and almost gone when making a right turn. I'm no mechanic, but I'm thinking wheel bearing. We'll see. I've driven her with much enthusiasm since buying her one year ago trying to shake out any issues while the comp. warranty is intact.
Yeah it's all about testing, it's all in the name of science. :cool:

·
Registered
83 Posts
SCIENCE!
Diagnosis is a bad front passenger wheel bearing as I suspected. Part in stock, and should be back in the saddle this afternoon.
Covered under power train warranty (currently at 35k miles)

...update = SMOOOOOOOOOTH.

The Ford points/dollars they gave me when i bought the car have exactly paid for two oil changes and one warranty repair deductable. Almost to the dollar..

·
Premium Member
1,070 Posts
looks nice and tough

·
Registered
242 Posts
Haven't posted here much lately on the progress of the Build but within the past 2-3 weeks I installed the Full Rally Innovation Kit, upgraded the brakes all around with the PowerStop kit, threw on some new wheel/tires & installed the Vogtland springs.

View attachment 28371
View attachment 28372
Looks sharp. Maybe it is good you got the new tires now as I heard a report that the price tires are supposed to increase. When I bought my FS I wanted a Magnetic one but there were none close to me so I went with red. It is my opinion that the cops seem to see red cars more. I even got a comment by a retired Deputy Sheriff that the red cars got more tickets.

·
Registered
875 Posts
Hence the term “Arrest-Me Red”!

·
Registered
235 Posts
Changed out the spark plugs for the 3rd time today. Gets easier every time. These have 15k on them & still look good. Probably will let the new set go to 20-25k before I swap them out, unless there's an issue.

Also rigged together a homemade paint booth the other day & went to town on the EcoPowerParts Intake Pipes I bought. Now just have to install without damaging or scratching them 😁😁

621 - 640 of 677 Posts