Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

581 - 600 of 608 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
I installed my Steeda springs and had the car realigned. Love the new look, and it drives really no different, a little firmer on the bumps, and less sway in the curves, but it feels good. Installation was a breeze.

I also put on my red hood/trunk overlays to give the car a little pop of color.
Can I ask where you got the overlays?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Never tried a Sto n Show, but seeing how low the OEM bracket sits and given the offset lower grille opening, thought I’d give it a try:

·
Registered
757 Posts
Never tried a Sto n Show, but seeing how low the OEM bracket sits and given the offset lower grille opening, thought I’d give it a try:

Wouldn't that block the transmission cooler? Isn't that over there on the side? Also what what ACC? Not sure if you have that on yours or not but I thought the sensor was over there somewhere.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Wouldn't that block the transmission cooler? Isn't that over there on the side? Also what what ACC? Not sure if you have that on yours or not but I thought the sensor was over there somewhere.
No ACC on mine, trans cooler opening is under the fog light so only thing blocked is the edge of the lower grille for intercooler. Confident it’ll be fine as a DD, and it’s easily removed. I have to wonder if the stock grille offset is related to the block-off plate on the stock RS intercooler and Ford worries about condensation buildup in the intercooler.

·
Registered
452 Posts
No, the block off is to protect the ACC Module.

Reactions: Blackula

·
Registered
2017 Blue Lightning
44 Posts

I put these in. Pretty cool 🤷🏼‍♂️

Reactions: bluedot133

·
Registered
2017 Blue Lightning
44 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Fabrication isn't finished yet (part got stuck in transit due to the snow storms) but it's coming along nicely. Should be wrapped up Monday!🤤🤤🔥🔥

·
Registered
45 Posts
Steeda strut tower brace and hood struts

I gotta say the strut tower brace is a big difference in feel, tying together the 2 strut bolts that aren’t connected to the factory brace. It was a bigger difference than swapping the stock brace in my ST, which even the stock one uses all 3 bolts.

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
I never noticed any difference with the Steeda strut tower brace. Other than rubbing the master cylinder reservoir even after having Steeda ship out a replacement bar. The factory strut tower brace works fine.

Those jacking rails will rust out fairly quickly.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Yes, recommend you scuff the jacking rails up and give them a couple of coats of good paint. If you to front and rear sway bars, do the same. Steeda's stuff does rust. The sway bar factory paint is considered a primer only.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Yea think I will paint em this Spring, wanted to get em on and have a jack as backup for the ramps while I was under there:

I’ve had them on my ST for 5 yrs and they’re not in bad shape, but I haven’t been driving it in the winter.

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Both bars shipped from Steeda were resting on my reservoir. I had to use washers to space the bar up just enough to clear it. In any case the strut tower brace didn't do anything at all as the factory brace is rigid enough. Total waste of money though. I spent $60+ FedEx to ship the last bar back.

581 - 600 of 608 Posts