Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

541 - 554 of 554 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
How do you remove all the plastic stuff in front of the stock FMIC?
For the big air flow piece that is for the top grille and lower grille i cut it in half with a Dremel ;)

The 2 smaller plastic pieces that are on the sides that are held on to the main air flow piece are easy, once you separate them from the main plastic piece by popping out the four plastic clips at the bottom...they're held on by a single plastic clip on each side that is clipped to the radiator shroud area...I just cut the clip with scissors and removed after that.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I wonder if there would be any (minimal) air flow improvement from removing those plastic pieces from in front of the stock intercooler.

·
Registered
312 Posts
I wonder if there would be any (minimal) air flow improvement from removing those plastic pieces from in front of the stock intercooler.
I'm not sure but I know the purpose of them is to provide some protection from road debris and things like that. Even the stock intercooler has some risk of damage from road debris, and I have to vacuum mine out every so often because it gets leaves and things in it. I would expect with the aftermarket ones with it wide open, it's even more susceptible.

Of course the performance is higher with the aftermarket though. :cool:

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discovered Sport mode's 8th 'feature' = auto sun roof shade opener :)
Hi @ZenFFS You mean the manual shade part that moves back when you open the moon roof? I want to make sure I'm not missing out on something. :cool: Sport mode shouldn't affect that though, if that's what it is...... So now I'm really curious.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Ha ha,,,,,yep, that's what I'm referring too.
You see, you press the 'S'mile button, and then apply throttle, and the sun shade will automatically open so the fun Gods may smile upon you.
...maybe it's an early build '17 thing ;)

·
Registered
27 Posts
Went to New England Drag last night. First time going and it was a blast! I'm hoping with a bit more practice I'll break in the 13's.

I'll post my best slip below. I was car 824 and this race was against a challenger rt. Not really sure what year but newish.

20200924_083745.jpg

Morning after pic:

·
Registered
27 Posts
Take the floor mats out and you'll be there!
I actually did. That and removed the spare/jack and that floor pan carpet piece that weighs like 15 lbs.

I think my main issue was getting the launch done right. I noticed if you brake boost too long the car bogs on launch. By the end I was starting my brake boost when the tree lit the first light. By the time it went green I would be sitting at about 2.5k rpm.

My last run felt very good but I had a passenger in with me for that run so I did a 14.2 or something.

·
Premium Member
353 Posts
I started my MKZ turbo upgrade Yesterday front turbo is done

Reactions: Brandon2G

·
Registered
312 Posts
Most of the people I've read who've done this say the 2000-2500 range is a good target RPM for launch, but you can't stay there more than about a second or it'll shut down because of the torque management and so forth. I bet you had a blast though!

541 - 554 of 554 Posts