Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

521 - 540 of 554 Posts

·
Premium Member
353 Posts
Jrock your rear shock bump stop has fallen down in the pics , I like the color of the calipers

·
Registered
72 Posts
Good to know regarding the rear sway bar. I purchased some goodies during 4th of July weekend (CP-E intercooler, MRT axelback and Unleashed Fusion Sport power package #1) so when I get to the next point of part ordering in a few months I think I'm going to throw some $ toward suspension (springs & sway bars (front & rear)

·
Registered
72 Posts
Came home to a few packages of goodies...can't wait to install the Fusion Sport power package ordered from Unleashed🤗
Immediately put the Bumper Plugs on to get rid of the ugly holes left behind from plate holder removal.

·
Premium Member
353 Posts
Jrock I used a big screw driver and just pushed it back into place , I have had to do that 2 times already . looks like a good day of mods for you ..

·
Registered
27 Posts
I received my BDX programmer from unleashed and loaded up a 93 octane performance tune from Torrie. I only got to take it on an errand yesterday afternoon but WOW!
Dealing with Unleashed was a pleasure as many here have noted.

Doc

·
Registered
72 Posts
Received an email from CP-E that stated that I unfortunately will have to wait until August for my IC to arrive...🥺

But to negate that unfortunate news...I received an email from Steeda showing that my MRT exhaust should arrive today 👍🤗

Going to be a fun weekend working on the FFS

·
Registered
72 Posts
I received my BDX programmer from unleashed and loaded up a 93 octane performance tune from Torrie. I only got to take it on an errand yesterday afternoon but WOW!
Dealing with Unleashed was a pleasure as many here have noted.

Doc
@Doc Holliday
May I ask, did you mount the BDX programmer on the windshield with the mount? If so, how/where did you run the wires to hide them? I'm debating on how to go about it.

Anyone that mounted their bdx or X4, how/where did you run your wires?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hi JrocZilla2.7

I did not actually, just used it to load the tune and then monitored with datalog for a while in case any codes got thrown. It is disconnected at the moment.

Regards,

Doc

·
Registered
430 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Oh, I have a 27mm socket - the filter cover was jammed on so tight that the socket just spun and stripped the edges of the plastic cover. Ended up hammering on a 1" socket and putting an air gun to it; already had a new replacement filter cover ready to go on.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Looked for a set of all-weather mats... Left disappointed.

Need to find something as a temporary until we get some good form-fitting mat options.
Mine came with Sport logo mud mats front & back, so, they make them for a 2017 at least. Also, Weathertech can custom cut u some

·
Registered
312 Posts
began the installation of my CP-E FMIC
I've always wondered about this. I see it mentioned as maybe the #2 thing to do, right behind a good tune, to increase performance. But our cars do come with a stock intercooler. So I imagine you just pull the stock one out and replace it with the aftermarket unit right? Am I correct then in thinking the problem is that the stock unit is only sized for stock power levels so when you put a tune on and stress it, that's where we run into heat soak so we need the aftermarket intercooler?

·
Super Moderator
1,338 Posts
@Engineer The stock FMIC even without a tune or any other mods suffers from heat soak. I really noticed it in traffic on a hot day (like when you give it gas after the traffic clears), and especially on the track day I did the stock one just couldn't keep up. I'm not tuned, probably never will be, but I definitely notice a difference with my TTR FMIC. Nothing crazy, but there are definitely times when I feel a difference where I would otherwise expect a bit of slowness.

As far as install, yes, it's as simple* as remove the front bumper, R&R the FMIC from the car & 3 hoses, and re-install the front bumper. The larger/taller FMIC choices out there can create difficulties putting the front-lower aero shield on, tho.

*Front bumper removal is fairly straight forward, but there are a ton of clips and screws, which just sucks :LOL:

Reactions: Engineer

·
Registered
72 Posts
I've always wondered about this. I see it mentioned as maybe the #2 thing to do, right behind a good tune, to increase performance. But our cars do come with a stock intercooler. So I imagine you just pull the stock one out and replace it with the aftermarket unit right? Am I correct then in thinking the problem is that the stock unit is only sized for stock power levels so when you put a tune on and stress it, that's where we run into heat soak so we need the aftermarket intercooler?
The stock one is tiny compared to the CP-E intercooler (search the forums and you'll find side by side comparison) like already mentioned it's terrible for heat soack and is definitely a good upgrade to make whether you are tuned or not.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Welp had the day off, so I took advantage of the free time & finished my intercooler install (had to wait for my 2 1/2 inch T Bolt clamp to arrive via Amazon) and I also put on some decal overlays to black out the Blue on the Ford emblems

521 - 540 of 554 Posts