Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

501 - 520 of 547 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
My car at $19,500 with 15K on the clock and already debadged.The Borla exhaust is on sale. Ordered one for $869. Can't wait to add that to "what have you done to your car today".

I like the fact that I don't have to hit a muffler shop. That's time and money saved as well.
Where did you find the Borla @ that price?

·
Premium Member
61 Posts
Where did you find the Borla @ that price?
Well the place that I ordered from cancelled the order due to someone infected with the Corona virus but I found an even better deal (see link below).

They drop ship them directly from Borla but Borla won't have any back in stock until June 7th I'm told. They apparently are now selling well. There is a sale going on.
At Steeda they are $929 but you have to pay tax so link down below is the best deal right now.

$912 Shipped out the door (no taxes)

"Borla 2017+ Ford Fusion Sport 2.7L Turbo AT AWD S-Type Axle Back Exhaust - 11942"

·
Registered
215 Posts
Polished my Ruby Red with Meguiar's "Ultimate Liquid Wax." It's a synthetic wax. Very easy to apply and polish, no buffing needed.

As a bonus, Yello's "Oh Yeah" now starts playing as I walk up to my Sport.

·
Premium Member
61 Posts
Well, I am pleased to report it sounds awesome. You definitely won't have to worry about the fake engine noise due to the Borla exhaust completely drowning it out.

This is not to say it is overly loud but loud enough to make the fake engine noise disappear. At freeway speeds while cruising you don't hear the Borla Axleback at all. My favorite sound is the cold start and idle. The sound under throttle is a quality sound but you will find yourself missing that V8 sound for sure regardless.

Power & Torque is similar. The tips are a little aggressive for my taste but beautiful none the less. The left tail pipe sits a little higher than the right tail pipe so I am still trying to figure a way to even them out. It is not noticeable unless you're looking for it.

I kinda do miss being the "silent" assassin and my girl of course hates it. For that reason, I may not hang onto the Borla for long (she ain't happy, nobody happy).

By the way, the circumference is 9" vs 11.25".

·
Registered
151 Posts
Well, I am pleased to report it sounds awesome. You definitely won't have to worry about the fake engine noise due to the Borla exhaust completely drowning it out.

This is not to say it is overly loud but loud enough to make the fake engine noise disappear. At freeway speeds while cruising you don't hear the Borla Axleback at all. My favorite sound is the cold start and idle. The sound under throttle is a quality sound but you will find yourself missing that V8 sound for sure regardless.

Power & Torque is similar. The tips are a little aggressive for my taste but beautiful none the less. The left tail pipe sits a little higher than the right tail pipe so I am still trying to figure a way to even them out. It is not noticeable unless you're looking for it.

I kinda do miss being the "silent" assassin and my girl of course hates it. For that reason, I may not hang onto the Borla for long (she ain't happy, nobody happy).

By the way, the circumference is 9" vs 11.25".
Get the exhaust hangers on Amazon that have 3 holes to choose from to adjust the height. They are pretty cheap.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
826 Posts
Try swapping the rubber hangers. If the tips are level then you likely have the pipes clocked correctly on the factory exhaust and need to adjust the hanger height or angle.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
61 Posts
Much appreciated. I believe it is due (guessing here) to the lone left hanger on the left side up stream which of course favors the left side. Not a big deal with the water tank because it is all one entity.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Much appreciated. I believe it is due (guessing here) to the lone left hanger on the left side up stream which of course favors the left side. Not a big deal with the water tank because it is all one entity.
That's exactly why its like that. I fixed it with those hangers.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
105 Posts
Installed the Steeda Rear Sway Bar today.

·
Registered
105 Posts
And then promptly went on a spirted drive in the mountains to test it out. :D

Reactions: AisFbyM

·
Registered
68 Posts
well wasn't today but over the weekend I replaced the reverse lights, the license plate lights and the trunk light with LED lights. Subtle changes but definitely like the brighter/whiter look as opposed to the yellowish bulbs that come stock.

Also painted the calipers and rotors to avoid the inevitable rust coloring that most calipers and rotors get

·
Registered
105 Posts
How much of a difference, if any, have you noticed with the rear sway bar installed?
Turn in at moderate to high speeds is much better. The car now wants to stay in a turn and requires less effort to do so.

Reactions: lyee

·
Premium Member
343 Posts
I just installed the Steeda rear sway bar also , fusion feels nice and firm now in the corners

501 - 520 of 547 Posts