Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

481 - 500 of 515 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Thanks guys, I've pretty much asked this same question three times, thanks for indulging me.

I don't have a great relationship with my Ford dealership, but I've used the same one for 20 years. Went in today for some body work on my car with 212mi on the odo. Trunk does not line up straight. SM said no problem, we'll send it off to body shop. He remembered me, not specifically, but did say "you've been coming here for a while?" I have, but only oil changes and rotation. Last Fusion I traded in was 7yrs old and only 26k mi. Never made it to my first scheduled maintenance after seven years,. Just got oil changes every six months. They'd always be in shock, "you've only driven 2k miles in last six months?" "This is the cleanest seven year old car I've ever seen."

So I have a good relationship, but not a 'call me if you need something' type. I think I'm going to go ahead and do front and rear SBs, they won't blow engine, and can't see how adding more robust components could be construed as detrimental to any components.

·
Registered
206 Posts

·
Registered
587 Posts
Making an appointment with the dealer, heated drivers seat back stopped working last week and the bottom barely worked today, I think it's going out too.
This happen to anyone else?
It's really noticeable since I always remote start the car, never have gotten into this car with a cold seat.
I'm at 35,500 so I need to get it in soon.
I plan on keeping the car at least 7 years, I can't even think about doing it without an extended warranty.
Gotta buy that next week from Flood Ford.

·
Premium Member
223 Posts
My FMIC is out for delivery today ohhhyea

·
Registered
206 Posts
Installed Sync 3.4 per the directions and files here: Update Ford Sync 3 to Sync 3.4 with F9 maps, all regions! (Always updated)

No problems, and the total time to install was less than 30 minutes. Downloading the map file took a while (the second download linked in the directions, and I had to login to a google account to actually havee the download proceed).

Post-install, the only downside that I've noticed is that the radio station frequency number (e.g., 105.9) is displayed twice. Speculating, this may be due to not performing the (optional) firmware upgrade, which requires using Forscan. With the firmware upgrade, it may be that one of the displayed frequency values is replaced with an icon for that radio station.

The map looks like it's dated January, 2019.

Overall, it's a nicer and faster display.

No regrets, I'd do it again.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Installed Sync 3.4 per the directions and files here: Update Ford Sync 3 to Sync 3.4 with F9 maps, all regions! (Always updated)
Post-install, the only downside that I've noticed is that the radio station frequency number (e.g., 105.9) is displayed twice. Speculating, this may be due to not performing the (optional) firmware upgrade, which requires using Forscan. With the firmware upgrade, it may be that one of the displayed frequency values is replaced with an icon for that radio station.
Cool. A quick question as I too am upgraded to 3.4: Do your AM stations presets survive a power cycle, mine do not.

I have a real ELS27 v4, but haven't attempted firmware updates yet with it.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Cool. A quick question as I too am upgraded to 3.4: Do your AM stations presets survive a power cycle, mine do not...
Yes @KelleyCook , I just checked, the AM presets are still there (multiple power on/offs since the update).

When I first checked the radio after updating to 3.4, I was pleasantly surprised to see that the FM presets had survived the update to 3.4.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Cool. A quick question as I too am upgraded to 3.4: Do your AM stations presets survive a power cycle, mine do not.
I too have this problem right from the factory on my 2019. AM stations don't save into presets after you turn the car off. They all get reset back to default values.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Debadging unintentionally after breaking one of the letters. Was not going to have a fusion spor.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Looking good. I like the de-badged look. Very clean.
also just realized I didn’t mark out my license plate on the first picture 🤷🏼‍♂️. Thanks! Goo Gone, fingernails, Scratch X remover and back pain is all it will cost ya!

·
Premium Member
55 Posts
My car at $19,500 with 15K on the clock and already debadged.The Borla exhaust is on sale. Ordered one for $869. Can't wait to add that to "what have you done to your car today".

I like the fact that I don't have to hit a muffler shop. That's time and money saved as well.

481 - 500 of 515 Posts