·
Registered
55 Posts
Dropped off the car for it’s 2nd oil leak. 11k miles on the odometer. 🤦🏻*♂

Side note: Wife’s car has had the oil pan replaced twice already

·
Registered
587 Posts
Was out of town the last 2 days driving our company van, came back yesterday evening and my car was an ice ball.
Remote start it and the rear defrost doesn't work, ugg.
Window tint guy must have broke it, worked fine last year and no one touched it but him.

·
Registered
230 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
So I decided to show my progress on my build. Still have some things to do, ie. turbo upgrade, BBK TB, DP's, exhaust. Plus need to get the front end repainted due to rock chip and flying debris.

The wheels are 19" Niche Misano's, Tires Pirelli Cinturato Strada Sport AS 255/40https://www.discounttire.com/buy-tires/pirelli-cinturato-strada-sport-as/p/34696
I see you had to get custom couplers to fit the airbox. Stock airbox was angled so I bought 30* 2.5” couplers. Were you able to use the brackets to hold the piping ?

Attachments

Reactions: Oreo

·
Registered
230 Posts
Were you able to use the brackets to hold the piping ?

On the bottom charge pipe with the GoBits diverter I was able to use the mount for it but the top intake pipe mount did not line up at all. You would think that after spending over $900 on both kits everything would be perfect fit and pre-trimmed. I used 3.5" straight couplers from my custom CAI. The more I look at it, I am either going to redesigned my CAI or wait to see what CP-E comes out with.

Did you notice a slightly more throttle response and boost with the pipes over the factory?

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
didnt noticed any gains but i havent driven the car in over a month. I will say I get a sweet choo choo noise those from my diverter valve.. i have everything plumbed like that stock setup and so does another member and we get the noise. I wanted to ask ya if ya had the chance to rip the car around to see if ya get any codes? couple guys have a P04DB but its looking like the Steeda airbox is the culprit

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
I see you did the chairfoot mod. You might not get the noise.

·
Registered
717 Posts
No noises and no code. I have everything hooked up factory. I have the a Steeda CAI with my lid.

·
Registered
230 Posts
I have no codes and no noises, runs quiet for the most part unless you get on the gas and slide the car around corners....lol

·
Registered
230 Posts
Yeah I get that sound when the lid is off my CAI box, but once the lid is on I don't hear the noise.

Reactions: mantra1

·
Registered
32 Posts
Steeda Front Sway Bar

Installed on my garage floor today.
Four jack stands at max. 18 inches.
Alot of steps are skipped if you pull the flex pipe on the passenger side. No need to touch front of cradle or disconnect harnesses or other suspension componets other than end links and sway bar. Pull steering rack bolts. Also remove inner fender wells or your face will get scrapped up like mine trying to hold it out of the way when you finagle this bar. Sorry no pics. What a noticeable change in handling. Thanks for all the pics OX1! Now Steeda
... your instructions are an embarrassment for a reputable company like yours. 😀 I have alot of your product and was amazed at these instructions. 1 page should have been 4. But yes... the juice is worth the squeeze!!!

Had my Ford Dealer install Steeda's Front Sway Bar today and align the suspension---what a positive change--easier to drive and the driver is in control on all cornering or curves. The only problem the dealer incurred was that I have UP's down pipes and they had to drop them to get the FSB in. Really no problems.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Installed on my garage floor today.
Four jack stands at max. 18 inches.
Alot of steps are skipped if you pull the flex pipe on the passenger side. No need to touch front of cradle or disconnect harnesses or other suspension componets other than end links and sway bar. Pull steering rack bolts. Also remove inner fender wells or your face will get scrapped up like mine trying to hold it out of the way when you finagle this bar. Sorry no pics. What a noticeable change in handling. Thanks for all the pics OX1! Now Steeda
... your instructions are an embarrassment for a reputable company like yours. 😀 I have alot of your product and was amazed at these instructions. 1 page should have been 4. But yes... the juice is worth the squeeze!!!

Had my Ford Dealer install Steeda's Front Sway Bar today and align the suspension---what a positive change--easier to drive and the driver is in control on all cornering or curves. The only problem the dealer incurred was that I have UP's down pipes and they had to drop them to get the FSB in. Really no problems.
If you have Ford dealership install aftermarket/performance parts, does that maintain warranty? I can't see how away bars affect or could harm any other components, especially if dealer installed. Want to start with my 2019, but don't want to affect warranty.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
If you have Ford dealership install aftermarket/performance parts, does that maintain warranty? I can't see how away bars affect or could harm any other components, especially if dealer installed. Want to start with my 2019, but don't want to affect warranty.
There is no straight up "voiding your warranty". Even if the dealer installed your aftermarket parts, if Ford sees that your aftermarket parts caused or are related to an issue for a warranty claim, they can deny to pay to fix it as the parts are not their own or "made to their spec".

I agree it's hard to see how a sway bar can cause an issue, remember it's still not made to their approved specs. Say the dealer installed aftermarket lowering springs and you blew a shock absorber - they'll say that won't be covered because the shock is bring used our of it's approved specs (ride height).

Edit: Even if you look at Ford Performance "has warranty if dealer installed" parts, if you look closely Ford Performance actually takes over for the factory warranty.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
32 Posts
My dealer knows what i've done to my FuSpo (which is alot) and as long as I don't abuse it they will cover me. They really helped out when I screwed up the FMIC installation--electrical problems--they charged way less than time spent by the tech fixing what i screwed up and it was approved by the GM. I only do stoplight stuff and don't track it so I expect them to cover me and that i think is the agreement. In the case I crater the motor due to racing, I expect to pay for it. I bought several cars from them and have all my maintenance done by them. It's an open relationship and I have had them bid to price my cars using True Car.

·
Registered
32 Posts
You Get What You Pay For

I did business with major companies. You need to build a relationship with the buyer/seller and with the technicians and then with management. It's a commitment by both sides--sometimes you pay more, sometimes you get more. It's not like going to the MacBurger place. They expect you to buy from them in the future (fair price) and you expect them to cover some/not all of your problems (fair price).

In the trade it's called "lifetime customer"

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Totally agree - I'm very good friends with 2 guys at my dealer, and fairly close to the service manager too. They've helped me out for sure. But if something major happens, Ford can ask for proof or even have someone corporate get involved, and that's when the dealer has no say. Just gotta keep that in mind (like you said, you expect to pay if the motor goes if heavily tuned and pushed). I've seen it happen, not often, but I've still seen it (both first-hand and on forums) that Ford themselves overruled and denied a claim.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
32 Posts
That's exactly the agreement I have with my dealer. They aren't going against Ford and I shouldn't expect them to. Close calls/hope you can remain friends/associates--have some savings to pay for it and both go have a beer.

461 - 480 of 515 Posts