·
Super Moderator
1,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just curious...

·
Registered
56 Posts
RUBY RED... But I found out some bad news from my body shop friend. If you have any of the colors that you paid an extra $395 for (listed on your factory invoice sticker) and my Ruby Red is one, these paints are ultra expensive to fix. My buddy said that he had just painted a hood on a fusion that had gotten scratched at a local car wash and that he had to charge the guy $1000 because the paint and prep for the paint was so expensive. That threw a big scare into me. If I had know that I wouldn't have got the special paint colors.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Whoever voted for Burgundy, you ROCK! I'd love to see an actual photo. That would have been my top choice, except I was already coming from a burgundy vehicle and after 10 years I needed a change, so Lightning Blue it was.

My reasoning - I'm not a big fan of red. Black, White, Grey, and Silver make up like 90% of the cars on the road. I've also had white and black in the past, would not do either ever again!

·
Super Moderator
1,720 Posts
Really, I'm surprised Magnetic is that far from being the most popular color (so far, at least)! When ordering I figured it would be everywhere but liked it anyways. Interesting how grey is the rare one, lol.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I see what you did there DaveE. I approve!

Reactions: 1153

·
Registered
129 Posts
Whoever voted for Burgundy, you ROCK! I'd love to see an actual photo. That would have been my top choice, except I was already coming from a burgundy vehicle and after 10 years I needed a change, so Lightning Blue it was.

My reasoning - I'm not a big fan of red. Black, White, Grey, and Silver make up like 90% of the cars on the road. I've also had white and black in the past, would not do either ever again!
My first choice when I was considering a new car was ruby red. Then I saw how many metallic red there were on the road and too many are black, white, or silver, I reconsidered. After seeing pics of the Burgundy Velvet I went for it. The color changes with the light and viewing angle and looks great.

Attachments

·
Registered
178 Posts
Magnetic. Love the way it sparkles on a sunny day. Would have gotten the black but it's not metallic.

Magnetic and love it.
I miss tuxedo black metallic. Had it on my 12 sport and was amazing. The edge sport is black and I was not about to keep up on two black cars. The work to pull out swirls.....

Reactions: Oreo

·
Registered
481 Posts
lightning blue here, wanted to stand out from the usual white/grey/black of all the other cars on the road

Reactions: Oreo
1 - 20 of 51 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.