Votes: 11 20.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking in my local area (100 miles) there are 17 Sports available or at on their way to dealerships. They are all Black, Silver or White. Is this because these are the most popular colors so they stock what they know they can sell?

Or is this because all the other colors are have already been bought?

I know I'd want a a Burgundy Velvet, but what did / would you buy?

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
What you end up seeing is those colors sell more in the "family sedan" side of life. Families want more non flashy cars. Also, for the people who aren't overly picky about color, these are easier to sit on a lot and sell.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I wanted oxford white, but settled for silver. Only car that had just the options I wanted anywhere nearby. Every white was either 400A or fully loaded. Do still think the silver looks great though.

I'd take any color but black though. Last personal car was black, never again.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Truth be told, there are a TON of red cars on the road. I picked Ruby Red because I was tired of the black and white cars, and it looks amazing when clean, and in the sunlight.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I like colors that aren't white, black, or gray. The red is nice but it's available in blue so why would I pick anything else? Guard was mean, though; I might be torn if they still offered that color. Ultimate sleeper in my opinion: just different enough to make you look twice but not three times.

Never understood why changing the transmission (from automatic to manual) in a Honda Accord meant that suddenly they couldn't put blue on the outside anymore. Good job, guys. I can see not stocking unpopular colors but it should be orderable however you want it.

I've also never cared about resale value, but that's just me.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I like colors that aren't white, black, or gray. The red is nice but it's available in blue so why would I pick anything else? Guard was mean, though; I might be torn if they still offered that color. Ultimate sleeper in my opinion: just different enough to make you look twice but not three times.

Never understood why changing the transmission (from automatic to manual) in a Honda Accord meant that suddenly they couldn't put blue on the outside anymore. Good job, guys. I can see not stocking unpopular colors but it should be orderable however you want it.

I've also never cared about resale value, but that's just me.
Guard would be so awesome. I was hoping for avalanche gray, myself. But I got magnetic and it's growing on me.

·
Registered
246 Posts
If a car comes in blue, I get it in blue, so long is not powder/baby blue or something awful like that.

Next up for me is a toss up between black or red, depending on which is metallic. In the fusion's case, I'd go ruby red, since the black is just plain gloss.

I could have been tempted away from blue by Tuxedo Black, but for some reason ford doesnt offer it any more.

I am strongly averse to white and shades of grey, especially on a car as generic as a fusion, sport or not.

·
Registered
624 Posts
Silver and White are great sleeper colors. Lightning Blue and Ruby Red, say ‘hey, look at me’. Just my thoughts.
Well I've really never thought of blue as a look at me color. Very "common" color in general, but not on performance cars. But then again it is called "LIGHTNING ⚡" blue.

Sincerely lighting blue sport owner.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Why does no one (but me) like Oxford? I saw the Platinum white, which looked nice and not all that different than Platinum. I heard my friend comment on how much it cost him to fix a door panel that got hit by another car. Apparently the paint job like doubled his cost of repair because of the triple coat Platinum. Oxford white did not look all that different to these untrained eyes.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Aside from black (which I purchased), I would have gotten the Lightning Blue... I saw one parked at a local mtn bike trail head and immediately wanted it.

·
Registered
81 Posts
For me white cars look like they are government, service, or business related rather than personal use, and the natural black from tires, panel gap lines, trim pieces, even shadows, etc, all tend to contrast too much with the white for my tastes. Every car is different though.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Somebody just got a Bergindy one and posted a couple pictures on the forum. I never was considering that color but I found myself going back and thinking that it looks super sharp!! I don't know how hard it would be to keep clean, but WOW.

·
Registered
296 Posts
I went with white Platnium just because my black Cadillac was crazy hard to buff with out getting swirls and really am glad now cuz the white looks great with tinted windows. Just saying.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Ordered Oxford White. I refuse to pay extra for paint. Don't get me wrong, the white platinum is a beautiful color. Also, a autobody guy told me the White platinum is a SOB to paint and match.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts