Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
We share pretty much same exact engine and previous transmission , so maybe not that difficult

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
We share pretty much same exact engine and previous transmission , so maybe not that difficult

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk
There was some talk of torque vectoring and they have even more "safety advancements" and I'm wondering
how much of that is tied into the main ECM. (especially any new sensors we don't have).

·
Registered
312 Posts
My MKZ already does the dynamic torque vectoring. I mean I don't know how SCT works on these newer vehicles but on my 96 thunderbird it was pretty simple stuff. They had drop in files to load for all kind of transmission swaps to shut off the auto portion for manual swaps.

But I would kill to have an 8 speed. It was the main reason I was waiting for the 2018 model and contemplated waiting for the 2019 but the rumors of Ford dropping the sedans made me buy. And I'm glad I did. The options are completely gutted and no black label available for 2019 model.

Sent from my LG-US998 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
312 Posts
What would be the point? Spend thousands of dollars to gain a mpg or two?
Couple MPGs, less strain on the drive train, better, more gears for speed management. Faster acceleration. The only thing I could see being bad about this is our final drive ratios. It may need a differential gear change to go with it.

·
Registered
910 Posts
My MKZ already does the dynamic torque vectoring. I mean I don't know how SCT works on these newer vehicles but on my 96 thunderbird it was pretty simple stuff. They had drop in files to load for all kind of transmission swaps to shut off the auto portion for manual swaps.

But I would kill to have an 8 speed. It was the main reason I was waiting for the 2018 model and contemplated waiting for the 2019 but the rumors of Ford dropping the sedans made me buy. And I'm glad I did. The options are completely gutted and no black label available for 2019 model.

I need to look into seeing how to add the DTV to the Fusion. Hopefully the programming could be added to the Fusion and with a rear drive unit swap everything will work

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
312 Posts
I need to look into seeing how to add the DTV to the Fusion. Hopefully the programming could be added to the Fusion and with a rear drive unit swap everything will work

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Maybe you just swap the RDU in and swap the ecu from an MKZ.

Honestly, if SCT would unlock tuning on the MKZ then it could possibly be a matter of swapping parts and tuning but I'm not entirely sure.

·
Super Moderator
1,719 Posts
It's not about that mostly. It's about acceleration.
Except the 2nd gen Edge Sport with 6F55 is faster 0-60mph than the Edge ST with the 8F57 despite the ST having more power & torque. Also, welcome to the forums.

Reactions: Vidmo
1 - 15 of 15 Posts