Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to see my mom for Mother's Day. Overall round trip is about 500 miles. The last 300 miles got the best gas mileage I have ever seen for me:

And this is what my car said when I filled back up:

First time it said I could get over 430 miles on the tank (which is not accurate at all) but almost 500?!? So when your average speed is about 65 mph, this thing will get pretty decent gas mileage.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Wildcat,

What was your average speed? Give or take, of course :)

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Wildcat,

What was your average speed? Give or take, of course :)
That is at the bottom of the original post, but no worries. I would say on average I was around 65. The first chunk of the trip up about 50 miles I am set at 79, then another 20 miles or so at 74, then the majority of the rest I am pegged at 64, until within about 10 miles of their house, which is windy back roads, which were slower speeds but having fun with my car through it, and then obviously the opposite on the way back.

·
Registered
624 Posts
Nice wildcat. I find that my unleashed tune improves my gas mileage about 1.5mpgs. When tuned I'm also running 93 vs 87.

·
Registered
166 Posts
I'm on vacation right now. The first two days of mostly interstate driving netted 30.3 each day. Today was tons of stop and go and I still got 28.6. I really think the '17's new nose is more aero than my '14 was and that helps offset the thirstier motor. The car's computer may not be the most accurate. I'm keeping track of gallons and miles and will have a real number at the end of the trip.

·
Registered
481 Posts
very nice!! i knew this car is capable is good mileage if you can keep your foot out of it

·
Registered
166 Posts
Just got back from eight days of driving in the northeast. About 70/30 interstate/2-lane roads. A fair amount of stop and go. I kept track of miles and fuel bought. Got 28.6 overall. I got 29.13 with my '14 2.0 on a previous trip so that's not bad at all.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have put 1500 miles on Misty. During my weekly commute I drive about 25 miles each way, and a few stoplights, but mostly 50-60mph driving and I average 26.5. if I don't get heavy on the accelerator, which is hard to do, especially when rolling up next to a Dodge Charger or some ricer with a rattle can and a bolt on spoiler.

My Focus ST averaged right at 28 over the 40000 miles I put on her, so its not that much of a drop, but I drove that car like a bat at of **** most of the time.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I finally put on some serious highway miles over the weekend. On my way up to Wisconsin for a 230 mile trip I set the cruise at 70mph because of very heavy traffic. It was occasionally stop and go and also occasionally a 35-40mph average. Traffic was overall bad but I surprisingly got 29.4mpg.

On my way home traffic was very light with no stop and go, but it was very windy. I set the cruise at 75mph and got 29.2 mpg.

I'm pretty impressed. My cousin seemed to be jealous as he said he only gets 31-32mpg with his 1.5T Cruze.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I finally put on some serious highway miles over the weekend. On my way up to Wisconsin for a 230 mile trip I set the cruise at 70mph because of very heavy traffic. It was occasionally stop and go and also occasionally a 35-40mph average. Traffic was overall bad but I surprisingly got 29.4mpg.

On my way home traffic was very light with no stop and go, but it was very windy. I set the cruise at 75mph and got 29.2 mpg.

I'm pretty impressed. My cousin seemed to be jealous as he said he only gets 31-32mpg with his 1.5T Cruze.
Where did you spend your holiday weekend at in Wisconsin?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts