Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
868 Posts
It would just have pissed me off more when all it took was to mention the word "attorney" to get them off their duff. But, then is it really worth the hassle? The attorney has nothing to lose but his time. You'll lose time whether you win or lose the case. Only difference is you MIGHT get a new car or you might be right where you are today.

Good luck in your decision!

·
Registered
293 Posts
Its worth talking to the attorney. He should be able to give ya a guess of the money you are due back. At least ca law is that way.... its basic math and there is not much negotiation to it, very cut and dry. This would leave you with no fusion. Or ford could swap ya out into a new one, just make sure the dealer doesnt change what you owe or your oayments or anything... that defeats the point

·
Super Moderator
1,613 Posts
...he stated he never seen a part expedited so fast in his life.
While I was still waiting for my replacement PTU, DDM, and signal stalk, I called Ford to start a claim. I was just seeking my car to actually get fixed and an extended warranty. They did the same thing tho, my service advisor called me near speechless as all of a sudden the parts showed up next day despite all being listed on back-order, and the day before Ford's system still showed all parts as "pending" for him.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
^^ I guess lesson learned for all of us though. IF we ever feel like we are getting the shaft, just call the FMC HQ.
Yes, but thats what ticks me off and it shouldn't come to that and Ford is responsible considering what they pay the dealerships for warranty work compared to regular service.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Ive come accross parts that were on back order- not even availible in the world! And then they show up. Ive learned the manufactures usually have parts somewhere, maybe with the part manufacturer.... or undisclosed warehouses.

But what i will say is if we have an issue like you are having.... we have to file special paperwork "red order" or "critical alert" documentation. And then magic sometimes happends.

I feel, obviously sitting here behind my phone not involved at all besides what i read here, thay the dealer is makeing this mess and ford didnt know untill you contacted them. And then the part showed up!

And typically warranty work pays shitty.... the dealer gets parts for a discount and then gets paid on top of that a small amount. Labor is typically less then what the dealer charges customers as well. A customer or insurance pay repair is much more profit

·
Registered
21 Posts
Old solid story but I sold for ford in 2017 and one fear above most in a dealership is a GM with a raging squeaky wheel customer mouthing off in the showroom. Just below the domestic violence threshold and gaining awareness among the new, repeat and referral customers engaged in car buying activity.sometimes they can work it right to become a customer service turn around story. The customer base physically must be insulated from this negative. It's when they return every day and get known. Better to throw a new 15k coyote engine in the F150 than lose sales. They have put families out on the street because of crappy fiesta and focus auto trans. Etcetera.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts