Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I havent posted a lot about my issue with oil consumption and burning oil, but its been a frustrating month trying to get it repaired.
First of April Ford had the car for week and a Ford Eng stated it was faulty cylinder heads. I waited 3 weeks for the parts to come in while I drove the car and adding a quart of oil each week.
I dropped the car off on 5/14 and call them on 5/19 to find out they had the wrong cylinder heads and the right ones were ordered.
I call back on 5/25 to find out they got the heads in but the had the wrong heads gaskets. Gaskets should be overnighted and arrive 5/26. Im assuming the gaskets belonged to the wrong heads and they never checked to see if they were the right ones.
I call them again on 6/2 and I was told they were short handed and they didn't get to work on it during the week. I then said a few things and told them I wanted compensated.
Next call was 6/5 and I was told its going back together and it should be done by 6/8.
I checked back on 6/7 and they had issues with the orings on the injectors and had to pull it back apart to fix it,but it would be done on Friday 6/9.
Today I got a call and the service advisor said the car has a lean condition and they have to pull the intake off and look into the issue. He said maybe Monday and the I needed to call Ford to look into compensation.
Of course Ford said they dont compensate but the can start the buy back process so now I wait for the Regional mgr to call me today or Monday.

I love the Sport and this is a great car and I feel this dealership is 90% responsible for given my Sport a bad rap. Id like to say I will be sticking around, but I also miss shredding rear tires and kicking the rear out.
Stay tuned.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Sorry to hear Vert.

Tbh it sounds like they were throwing parts instead of diagnosing and fixing. If that's the case the dealership is >90% responsible...

·
Registered
92 Posts
I would think if they are going to do a buy back, negotiate a new one out of them since that is what you started with, plus some compensation. What you suppose the chances are that you might get a second lemon? Might be able to get a new one plus the mods paid for.

·
Registered
293 Posts
I work at a dealer... not ford. And unfortunatly we are tasked to work on many many cars aday and something as simple and stupid as "dis ya check to see if the wrong heads were matched to the wrong headgaskets"? can easilly be overlooked. Now the other issues like injector and leancondition sound like tech made a mistake. And if hes straight heavy line he may not be diagnostic capable and this could be a long road.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I work at a dealer... not ford. And unfortunatly we are tasked to work on many many cars aday and something as simple and stupid as "dis ya check to see if the wrong heads were matched to the wrong headgaskets"? can easilly be overlooked. Now the other issues like injector and leancondition sound like tech made a mistake. And if hes straight heavy line he may not be diagnostic capable and this could be a long road.
The lean issue could be simple and just be a vac leak, but at this point nothing has been simple.
I think getting it repaired or the buy back will be a long road.

·
Registered
293 Posts
The lean issue could be simple and just be a vac leak, but at this point nothing has been simple.
I think getting it repaired or the buy back will be a long road.
Of course it could be "just a vacuum leak" but sometimes they can be killer to diag especially with turbo cars with intercooler piping. Im glad ford is actually even talking about it. We had a chevy that fell apart before 6k miles and chevy basically told us they dont acknowledge lemon law. I was trying to be nice and just get another of the same car.... well we got an attorney and got all our money back in the end and got a mazda! Lol

Good luck to ya! Ive seen many a issue like your woes pass through the shop and its very unfortunate.

·
Registered
296 Posts
I know it sucks since you get love your car but at this point a buyback is always great if you had any thoughts of a different vehicle this is your way out. I too think there's more to the story than what they are saying. Good luck Vert.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
We will see what the Regional Mgr has to say on Monday and the options he throws out. At this point Im still loyal to the Sport, but I hope my issue doesn't linger and if it does, Ford will drop down on my list of cars to buy.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Sounds like this Ford dealer is on the stone age. I took my car in for the heads (1qt oil = 100 miles) and the same day Ford Corporate called them back and said replace the heads. Three days later the heads arrived along with every part required to perform the work - gaskets, nuts, bolts, turbo oil filters, turbo oil lines, oil pan, etc.

They dropped the engine, replaced the heads, put engine in, put on the oil pan, set the timing chain, etc. and ran it. In all I was in a Taurus for 8 days (which included the weekend).

The only major screwup was the second day I had the car back it went into an overheat and limp mode. Ford had it towed and the guy that did the original work stayed into the night to diagnose what was happening - Oh and dealer had a car brought to me - some 30 miles away.
Well he forgot to put the hose clamps on the heater core connection !!! The mechanic was REALLY PISSED at HIMSELF !! I pick it up on Monday as he is going to go over all connections one more time.

If the shop you went to had followed exactly what is in the FoMoCo shop manual for replacing heads they only needed to place One order - everything is included. This is what the shop foreman and the mechanic at my dealership showed me.

Good luck.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
If the shop you went to had followed exactly what is in the FoMoCo shop manual for replacing heads they only needed to place One order - everything is included. This is what the shop foreman and the mechanic at my dealership showed me.

Good luck.
I visited the dealer on 5/19 to pick my loaner up and I told the service advisor I wanted to look at my car. He advised against it and said most owners freak out to see it in pieces and explained to him that Ive ripped plenty of motors apart myself. I told him I wanted to check out the CGI block and I had to explain to him that Ford used a composite graphite Iron ock since he wasn't aware of what I was talking about.
He took my into the shop and lowered my car down from the lift and the first thing I see is the upper half of the motor torn down along with the cylinders looking at me.
If your a mechanic, you know this is a big no no, you always cover the cylinders/top half of the motor up to prevent anything from falling inside. I asked why it wasn't covered and he stated they would be the end of the day. I know good well they werent planning on it since it was up on the lift. I knew then I was probably in trouble having this place fix it.

·
Registered
293 Posts

Good luck.
The parts and shop manuals arent always correct, his wrong head situation could have been a vin or date change and ford didnt update thier catalong correctly. Im definatly not definding this dealer they have taken way to long, Or at least they arent handling themselves very well In dealing with the issues at hand.

And the dealer you dealt with sounds like they messed up but then went out if their way to fix it and you seem happy with that. Which is exactly how the customer should feel in the end... even with mistakes.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I finally got ahold of the Regional mgr today and she stated the review process of buying it back takes a week and she'll call me next Tuesday. She is supposed to let me know how much Ford will compensate me if Ford refuses the buyback.
I did read that if my car gets fixed and Ford agrees to the buyback, I can continue to drive it until I take delivery of the replacement. My only concern is the car has been in the shop for 30 calendar days and by Indiana law it must be in the shop for 30 business days including Sat. Mine is at the 26 day mark.
I will update my post next Tuesday.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Nope nothing, the dealership never called nor did I reach out to them. Ive had to reach out to them on every occasion except for when they called me on 6/9 to inform me on the lean condition.
Monday marks the 30th business day and I look forward to what Ford has to say on Tuesday. If my buyback is denied, Ive decide to seek an Attorney since the 30 day mark has passed. My plan is to stick with the Sport unless they want to put me into a GT350 lol.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Well... The regional mgr called me back today and stated Ford denied the buyback, but I will be compensated once my car has been fixed. She stated another part had to be ordered and my car should be repaired next week. Like a dummy, I informed her according to Indiana law anything after 30 business days is considered a lemon and that I was seeking legal council to file suit against Ford. Fast forward 2 hrs and I get a call from the dealership stating my car was fixed and will be ready for pick up around 4:30pm. Shortly after I get off the phone with the dealer, I got a call back from an attorney and he stated even though my car is ready I still have a case and he needs my repair order along with my invoice.
When I went to pick up my car, I asked where my repair order was and he stated he had to work on it since it took way too many parts and he had to gather everything up and put it in the system. I told him Id give him a few days, but I needed it for my Attorney as he gave me the whoa look. He was cool about it and he mentioned how fast the car was when they test drove it and he stated he never seen a part expedited so fast in his life.
Now its decision time, start modding again or push for a buyback.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts