Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just weighed these for those who are interested.

Trunk carpet/support 8.6 lbs

Spare tire 31.2 lbs

Stuff below the spare tire (jack and everything else) 7.4 lbs

Engine cover 3 lbs

·
Registered
188 Posts
Every little bit counts. But remember, weight reduction starts at home ;)

Lol but really, removing rotational mass is a huge thing too.

But thanks for sharing the weights of the easily removable parts !!

·
Registered
215 Posts

Heh, reminds me of a guy I knew who owned a small race team and raced his own car sometimes. He was very proud of shaving 20lbs. off the weight of his car before a big race, but then realized he had gained 20 lbs. since the previous race.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

I'm curious as to what the wheels weigh. From tirerack it looks like the all season Continentals are 26 lbs each

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
LOL - not to mention that they kind of suck..
The tires or wheels? I want to get some Continental ExtremeContact DWS. Those seem to be a good high performance all season tire. For some reason they aren't made in 235/40 19

·
Registered
100 Posts
Must be why my wife at times has better ET's than me with the same cars 138lb to a 172lb - can't be she is a better driver or CAN IT//??? I am safe she does not read this forum!!!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Update

Trunk carpet/support 8.6 lbs

Spare tire 31.2 lbs

Stuff below the spare tire (jack and everything else) 7.4 lbs

Engine cover 3 lbs

Stock Tire 26 lbs/each

Stock Battery 35.2 lbs

Still working on the stock wheel weight and then my next project for fun is going to be taking out the rear seats and see what they weigh!

·
Registered
188 Posts
Yea... that confused me. The TIRE itself is 26lbs ? Like tire without rim ? Or the complete wheel (tire + rim)

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yea... that confused me. The TIRE itself is 26lbs ? Like tire without rim ? Or the complete wheel (tire + rim)
Yeah just the tire by itself. I just got that off of the tirerack site. I'm too lazy to take the wheel off just yet to weigh it plus I dont have a torque wrench

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Anyone know what the correct curb weight of the car? Google says 3681, Ford site says a standard Fusion is 3472, Hybrid 3668, and the Energi which is 3986, and then another site SAE International said 3982.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Anyone know what the correct curb weight of the car? Google says 3681, Ford site says a standard Fusion is 3472, Hybrid 3668, and the Energi which is 3986, and then another site SAE International said 3982.
It can vary greatly, i remember reading something that the base fusion sport was almost 3900 lbs and a fully loaded fushion sport can be over 4200lbs.

·
Registered
724 Posts
I have yet to weigh the muffler since I removed it but it's at least 30+.

Reactions: Airwelldone
1 - 20 of 39 Posts