Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was using it to locate a 2017 black FUSPO with the 400A package and moonroof within 200 miles of me. I'm trying to figure out their pricing. It gives me a dealer price of(one example, and fortunately relatively close by) $28799, a msrp of $35k+ and the average price paid of $33k+. I think those prices are a bit drug fueled (high) so what has been the best locations on the net for getting a reasonable price? One location I saw this car in MI for $27K dealer price. Get a blend from a few sites and average out?

·
Registered
136 Posts
I paid 30k and some change for mine here in Michigan. 401a but no sunroof. I did have quite a few incentives though. I didn't do any online shopping. I just went down the street to my preferred Ford dealer and went from there.

·
Registered
451 Posts
After tons of online research, then going to the actual dealers themselves afterwards, rebates are most likely how they came into that price point *for the most part*. Rebates will also depend on how you decide to pay for your car.

For instance, that 27k isn't necessarily a scam price, but there is fine print. My guess is you have to take Ford credit at a high interest rate (even if you have a great credit score).

Other options include 0% financing through dealer (probably the worst amount in rebates), paying cash/credit union/bank financing.

After you go to a dealer or a couple of dealers, you must calculate if it's worth getting the extra $1000 or $1500 in rebates (just an example) over a higher interest rate.

But all in all, it depends on how much you're putting down and can afford each month. Like I said, if you're paying for the car straight out cash, OR through another financial institution, you will probably not get it for the price listed on the website. I'm almost positive that price includes all possible rebates thrown in at once.

BUT only way to find out for sure is to visit the dealer/talk to online sales

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
After tons of online research, then going to the actual dealers themselves afterwards, rebates are most likely how they came into that price point *for the most part*. Rebates will also depend on how you decide to pay for your car.

For instance, that 27k isn't necessarily a scam price, but there is fine print. My guess is you have to take Ford credit at a high interest rate (even if you have a great credit score).

Other options include 0% financing through dealer (probably the worst amount in rebates), paying cash/credit union/bank financing.

After you go to a dealer or a couple of dealers, you must calculate if it's worth getting the extra $1000 or $1500 in rebates (just an example) over a higher interest rate.

But all in all, it depends on how much you're putting down and can afford each month. Like I said, if you're paying for the car straight out cash, OR through another financial institution, you will probably not get it for the price listed on the website. I'm almost positive that price includes all possible rebates thrown in at once.

BUT only way to find out for sure is to visit the dealer/talk to online sales

Stopped by the bank today to talk about a few things.

I own my house outright, I have no CC debt or loans, solid credit score, have an open HELOC for the house just in case, no auto loans. The bank said about 4% for a loan on the HELOC. She also said that the 0% interest, if you are late on anything you get whacked will all the interest. She also said that they do work with Ford Motor credit that may be better than Ford.

I'm really not interested in what the payment is going to be per month, I want to know exactly how much is this car going to be, if I am going in for $20K I will be borrowing $22K (just as an example). I may have a trade or I might sell my car outright.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Stopped by the bank today to talk about a few things.

I own my house outright, I have no CC debt or loans, solid credit score, have an open HELOC for the house just in case, no auto loans. The bank said about 4% for a loan on the HELOC. She also said that the 0% interest, if you are late on anything you get whacked will all the interest. She also said that they do work with Ford Motor credit that may be better than Ford.

I'm really not interested in what the payment is going to be per month, I want to know exactly how much is this car going to be, if I am going in for $20K I will be borrowing $22K (just as an example). I may have a trade or I might sell my car outright.
Gotcha. Do you have any credit unions near you? Especially with your type of credit. In NY, I was able to get 1.7% for 5 year, or 2% for 6 year loans.

Like I said, I believe the only way to get ALL the rebates would be to go through Ford Credit, and take the higher percentage interest. Depending on how fast you pay it off, you may or may not pay more in the long run.

For my case (I borrowed 18k) and plan on paying it off in a couple years, but chose the 2% at 6 years. It was worth it to go through the bank/credit union.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The last car I bought I used the dealership, unsure of the rate, but I was a member of the local credit union then and the dealership beat the CU by 1%.

I might do my HELOC, State Farm insurance does car loans, or my bank.

I still have another card to play before negotiating a deal. A guy that I have known since my teen years has been a Ford Salesman for 40 years, he worked with my Dad for 30 of those. Have not talked to him in a few years, may have to hunt him down and get some intel.

·
Registered
357 Posts
I took the 0% when i got mine. Still managed to pry some savings off as well. I figure i save about $4k in interest and i managed to get another $2k off of list and got better than scrap value on my clunker. List in Canada is a lot more in US, plus only fully loaded option.

They had a reduced list a few weeks earlier, which i asked about. The salesman said those deals only benefit buyers that can buy with cash. The financing rate would have been around 4%.

Dont know of many banks offering better than zero. As 2018's are close to hitting the showrooms and June is end of quarter, i suggest you push your luck with some haggling on the zero finance. They want to make a deal at the moment and you could probably get some of the promotion rebates on offer.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I got mine (401A w/ sunroof) for $30.5k before taxes, etc. But it was a really horrible dealer and awful experience (Westfield Ford in Illinois). In order to hit that price I used a bunch of rebates, including a military rebate and $1k in financing rebates. They gave me an stupid high interest rate with Ford Credit (like 5.9%) even though I'm tier 0 credit. I assume the dealer added points. Anyway, I paid off the entire thing when the first bill came.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts