Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been using p21s products for several years now and I plan on
using it with the FFS.

Anyone have a better product to recommend???

:nerd:

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
I have heard good things about Chemical Guys, but I refuse to spend that much. I tend to use Mequiars, but with the new car, I am probably going to get Pinnacle Signature Series II. I have heard a lot of good things, and although it is $60, it should make it several years. I am also starting to use Dodo Juice as the soap and prewax, and I also use Rejex as a top layer protectant, over the normal wax that makes it shine nicely.

·
Registered
188 Posts
I typically do a full clay and all of that good stuff and throw some sonax polymer net shield sealant, then top with layers of carnauba from megs later on

·
Registered
45 Posts
I use AutoGlym and Meguiars products for the most part. The sealant I use is from Wolfgang which I highly reccomend!

There was a huge sealant test done by some pro detailers. Autoglym and Wolfgang were in the top 2 or 3 if I remember right.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
For those using a sealer, make sure you wait at least three months from when it was built to put paint sealant on. If not, you can have issues down the line cause your paint can't completely gas out.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That's some great information....

·
Registered
464 Posts
I have had absolutely great results with Chemical Guys Jet Seal 109 and their Butter Wax.

Beats everything I have experimented with over the last 30 years.

Still have to get me one of those random orbitals. Save the shoulders for driving!

·
Registered
188 Posts
DA buying is a huge process on it's own lol. I bought the griots garage 3inch just for small minor things and now I want to buy a Rupes or a Flex

·
Registered
79 Posts
I have a shadow black sport and love using turtle wax black spray wax. I have always and will always use turtle wax products!

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
A good DA that is decent and on a cheaper end (compared to Rupes) is the Porter Cable 7424XP which is $99 on amazon right now

·
Registered
79 Posts
I put a coat of Liquid Glass on mine, very smooth, easy to apple and easy to remove. Great glossy shine and slick feel.

Ken

·
Registered
129 Posts
I haven't even got my Sport yet and I have purchased 5 Star Shine Paint Protection System.
Supposed to last five years on a new car with no waxing and polishing, just light washing.
If this product works as well as advertised and endorsed it will save about ten wax & polish jobs. My arms feel better already.
Check it out here: Exterior Car Care Products | Auto Detailing Products | Auto Paint Protection

·
Registered
56 Posts
I have found a product called ACE IT. It's a premium spray polish that gives a very long lasting wet look shine. Water beads for months off of it. it is the most effortless stuff I have ever used. I did my whole car,windows included , in a half hour. You spray surface or towel and lightly apply then buff area with a clean dry towel. You can use it on paint windshields,glass powder coat, matte finished and chrome. I have used this stuff for years and highly recommend it.
WWW. aceitpolish.com 1-800-558-2234

·
Registered
31 Posts
The synthetic waxes are really easy to use and they last a lot longer than the carnauba waxes. I did my entire car by hand in about 2 hours after a clay rub. Washed it twice since then and it is still just as smooth to the touch. I have found it easier to work with as well...after all this is car number 17 for me.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Carnauba waxes are literally just supposed to last a few days effectively, maybe a week max. Just meant for topping off for shows and what not to give you that extra level of oomph. Carnauba gets disturbed very easily when on the paint so minimal touching after you apply it. Even washing, just let the water sheet off rather than pressure washing the heck out of it

·
Registered
75 Posts
Not sure why your saying Carnauba only lasts a few days. A few months maybe but not a few days. Just stay away from polimer waxes, They go on easy but once they haze it a bear to remove it. I use liquid glass the more coats the better.

·
Registered
568 Posts
Klasse All In One

Have used the last 7-8 years. Expensive, German made I believe. Wicked good, easy to apply and remove, and long lasting. You don't use much and it goes a long way. After a lifetime of trying everything known to man, I found this by far the best. The biggest car geek I have ever known told me about it.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Pulled out my PC 7424xp last weekend, was going to give the car a once over with an all-in-one product I have.
Speed control went out of it, only works on high.
I have to say I'm really disappointed, I probably have used the buffer about 5 hours total, I don't recall the exact year I bought it but it was around 2007-2008.
Ordered a new speed control yesterday off Amazon for $22 shipped.

BTW, I'm using McKee's 360,(used to be Pinnacle 360), It's great for a garage queen or a car that
doesn't sit out in the environment. I bought it for my 2004 SRT-4 that has 27,xxx miles on it, just sits in the garage.
It works well on a newer car too, one that needs minimal correction, brings out a nice shine.
Then go over it with their Carnauba paste wax
McKee's 37 360 Corrects, Cleans, Seals 360 corrects, cleans, and seals auto paint! 360 is more than a cleaner wax, its a swirl remover, polish, and

1 - 20 of 43 Posts