Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Wanted to see what everyone's thoughts were on AEM and Snow kits. Thinking about buying a stage II kit, and I thought AEM's kit was pretty good for the price. My experience with water injection comes mostly from being in the diesel scene years ago, Snow was always the choice for most that ran it back then.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I personally have the snow stage 3 kit. Saw my IAT2 temp drop 30 degrees F

·
Registered
365 Posts
I like the snow stage 2E. It has the progressive spray feature and the controller doubles as a boost gauge.

·
Registered
394 Posts
One of the best mods I think I've done just based off IAT2s like Sknz5 said. I've sat at a light and saw IAT2 hit 90*, and during a quick pull they drop to 30*. It's pretty amazing in the scheme of things. I went with the stage 2 snow kit but plz get the braided lines. The lines that comes with it are kind of a joke, where the braided lines are really how it should be sold.

·
Premium Member
878 Posts
I have the aem v2 kit and have had no complaints easy install, I would suggest if you go with aem get the v3 kit and remember you will need a tb spacer or vacuum adapter for the install

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've got as TB spacer so that's not a problem, only thing I,m not doing is using my washer bottle for a tank. I'm thinking trunk, and run hose from there to the front. Inside the car, not doing some half ass install, LOL. We had a guy brought his car in for some work, get to looking at it, and there's a hose zip tied to the bottom of it. Look in the trunk and find a NOS bottle at the other end. People kill me with they're hurry up n doing it half ass jobs like that.

·
Premium Member
878 Posts
I mounted my tank in the trunk behind the passenger seat for easy refilling

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm gonna see how it fits in the back on the right side behind the tail light, in that little cubby spot they have back there on both sides

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Have a AEM V3 kit on Friday, :)

Reactions: MY27FUSION

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Any reason to plumb a shut off valve on the feed line from the tank ? I found some on Ebay that will work fine for the application, and wont rock the bank.

·
Premium Member
878 Posts
I have never needed one but it is a good idea

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I figured for 15 bucks it might be a good idea, the controller is set up to have one if you want, not needed to run it, but it's there if you like.

Reactions: MY27FUSION

·
Registered
52 Posts
Just did the stage 2.5 kit myself. Overall probably spent like $1000 on parts to actually make the kit work well. Realistically you could do it for $750-$800...

That being said, i recommend going with an E-85 capable fuel pump instead. Unless you're doing this for the cooling benefits for racing.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts